December 13, 2019, 09:46:29 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1032219 times)

May 29, 2014, 04:20:43 AM
Reply #480

01rk

Retired Staff Member
I haven't heard anything about the cause of death yet, don't know if guns was even involved. From what I can tell it looks like it happened pretty close to where my camp was.Our tents was about 50 yds or so from the area they keep showing. I certainly didn't hear any gun shots that I recall.
They haven't released any names yet, I hope it wasn't anyone I know.Since it was local I knew quite a few people there.

It is unfortunate and sad that two people are dead no matter how it happened.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 29, 2014, 06:17:26 AM
Reply #481

TroubleHead Fred

It is unfortunate and sad that two people are dead no matter how it happened.

I agree it was a tragic deal no matter how. They released the names last night,  it was nobody I knew. They were a couple from the Branson area He was 66 she was 58.

It is normally a trouble free event. Like I said earlier this was the 26th year, 19th year at the present location as it outgrew the original. I'm thinking now it was on the opposite side of the place from my camp. The rally grounds are pretty spread out over about 120 acres or so. They kept showing the area where I was camped but I think they were found in their toy-hauler and that area is on the other side. Not that it matters it was still too close for comfort. I hope they find those responsible soon. My prayers go out to the victims family & friends.

Didn't mean to bum the coffee house out with this. It just hit so close to home for me after being there I was just shocked. I'll move on now to other topics.
Ride On...

May 29, 2014, 06:21:29 AM
Reply #482

TroubleHead Fred

In other news, Dang getting old sucks. After camping a few days now we have rain moving in and I woke up this morning almost too sore to get out of bed. I don't bounce back like I used to.
Ride On...

May 29, 2014, 08:18:16 AM
Reply #483

HDBitchin

Administrator
  In other news, Dang getting old sucks. After camping a few days now we have rain moving in and I woke up this morning almost too sore to get out of bed. I don't bounce back like I used to.

Ah yep, been there myself. I camp as well and have notice that last few times I have a camping hangover of the joints and muscles. Getting old sucks, I agree.   :o

May 29, 2014, 01:10:26 PM
Reply #484

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Ah yep, been there myself. I camp as well and have notice that last few times I have a camping hangover of the joints and muscles. Getting old sucks, I agree.   :o
I think you guys had a pea under your mattress, that can be a problem. ;D
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 29, 2014, 01:28:04 PM
Reply #485

Kowboy

Who ever thought we'd live to see old age. Going into this unexpected event unprepared. Oi!

May 29, 2014, 01:58:29 PM
Reply #486

01rk

Retired Staff Member
I think you guys had a pea under your mattress, that can be a problem. ;D

I always thought it was those old fashioned bottle caps they put under there.
That is why I stay at a motel nowadays.
Anyway I am finding the golden years ain't so golden!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 29, 2014, 02:16:20 PM
Reply #487

Webbtron

Global Moderator
I always thought it was those old fashioned bottle caps they put under there.
That is why I stay at a motel nowadays.
Anyway I am finding the golden years ain't so golden!
There is a lost art ...well maybe not but I don't see it much anymore.  People that can "flip" those bottle caps.  Never could do it my self, but some of those guys could really shoot those caps hard and a long way.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 29, 2014, 02:42:25 PM
Reply #488

rocket

lets hope this one is a good one too!!.....just woke up, didn't post yesterday,oh well.......off to play fer pay.....
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 29, 2014, 04:20:28 PM
Reply #489

TroubleHead Fred

Well I had an early lunch today then climbed on my lazy-boy time machine and set the dial to dinner and here I am. I sometimes forget about the perks of getting older.... like being able to sleep all day any day of the week. I guess it all works out.
Ride On...

May 29, 2014, 04:24:31 PM
Reply #490

rocket

I love undisturbed rack time.....

REALLY!!

May 30, 2014, 04:03:44 AM
Reply #491

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Alas, another damp, dreary, dismal, depressing day, have not seen the sun since Tuesday morning and not likely to see it today!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 30, 2014, 06:29:55 AM
Reply #492

TroubleHead Fred

That bites. We have been hit and miss on the showers for a week. Have a big BBQ planned this evening, it may turn into an indoor function the way the forecast sounds.
Ride On...

May 30, 2014, 07:57:18 AM
Reply #493

rocket

S'posed to get thunderstorms in here tonight......I dunno it's a nice cool low humidity day right now, not a cloud in the sky..........Tempted to get a ride in , 'fore werk.........but I would have too button it up when i get back..........I could use a car port, garage would be better......frigging shed I use for winter is too damn small..........

REALLY!!

May 30, 2014, 06:23:48 PM
Reply #494

WantMore

Supporting Member
TGIF! Time for a few beers!
Smoke em if you got em

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer