October 17, 2019, 09:59:16 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1004931 times)

May 10, 2014, 02:56:28 PM
Reply #420

mat 60

Some great people here that get it....If you don't mind a short story...In 1995 my grandad who was a great man was in the nursing home with terminal cancer...I was self employed and and able to spent my days during  the last 2 weeks of his life with him ..He never said anything because of the large amount of morphine he needed until 2 days before he died he woke up as clear as a bell and told me....[.I new you would be there for me ] and he never said a nother word until he died....Being with him was the best thing I could ever do for me...Life changed then and now with our loss I hope to also learn from this...Good friends mean allot to me and I think we have some great people here.Thanks...I'm done..

May 10, 2014, 03:05:19 PM
Reply #421

mat 60

Oh Chit.....I forgot to say...Excuse my interruption and carry on..

May 10, 2014, 05:23:47 PM
Reply #422

rocket

I'm A little slow on the uptake, but this is a nice conversation to have on the day before Mothers Day.  I believe it is still the day the most calls are made in the US.  In the old days I think the phone companies were in a "Please try again later" loop.
Yeah, it is a good discussion......I had that little tickle in the back of the throat, (ya just know it will get worse).......well it did, first good day for ridingand I'm sidelined with chest congestion and a cough.........ya just can't win.....
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 11, 2014, 03:51:50 AM
Reply #423

mat 60

Yeah, it is a good discussion......I had that little tickle in the back of the throat, (ya just know it will get worse).......well it did, first good day for ridingand I'm sidelined with chest congestion and a cough.........ya just can't win.....
[/quote Hope you feel better and sorry guys about my post last night...I may have had some beer....Happy mothers Day to our moms....I do miss mine..

May 11, 2014, 06:03:15 AM
Reply #424

Webbtron

Global Moderator
One of my earliest memories.  Eastern Colorado farm house to get to the bathroom you go through the kitchen, well I'm 5ish and headed my usual path around the table, but this time something dark like poop piled on the floor.  I go around and go around on the way back too.  Not to much later Mom goes in and turns on the light ...we all here this JACK!!!....she' had that tone where you don't hesitate you just get going.  Dad killed the baby rattlesnake with his boot and fixed the screen door the next day.  She was first generation from the Ukraine, so it goes.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 11, 2014, 06:53:37 AM
Reply #425

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Sorry Craig, did not mean to get so emotional, hang in there Buddy.
Just a 90's kind of guy still trying to get in touch with by inner self.. O0..winter weather advisory thru tonight.  There's going to be some bikers in the mountains that will have a story to tell after Tuesday.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 11, 2014, 04:56:12 PM
Reply #426

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
One of my earliest memories.  Eastern Colorado farm house to get to the bathroom you go through the kitchen, well I'm 5ish and headed my usual path around the table, but this time something dark like poop piled on the floor.  I go around and go around on the way back too.  Not to much later Mom goes in and turns on the light ...we all here this JACK!!!....she' had that tone where you don't hesitate you just get going.  Dad killed the baby rattlesnake with his boot and fixed the screen door the next day.  She was first generation from the Ukraine, so it goes.

Mines not something I've told many people, but related to yours it's okay!  NC country house 1/4 from the paved road.  I think it was a Sunday.  Me and my two sisters watching tv in the living room.  I notice something move between my feet and see what turns out to be a 4-5 ft black snake slowly moving on out!  No sudden movements, but we get our feet up and we move into the kitchen over the furniture.  The three of us manage to corral this guy back down the hall and out the door!  Probably the one he came in through and we made sure it closed after that!  Glad you didn't get tagged either!  Steve
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2020 TEAM LEADER

May 11, 2014, 05:51:51 PM
Reply #427

rocket

welp it would of been a great day for a ride.........this time the the body had other ideas.....wound up with a cough I couldn't shake, FML!

REALLY!!

May 11, 2014, 06:13:14 PM
Reply #428

mat 60

welp it would of been a great day for a ride.........this time the the body had other ideas.....wound up with a cough I couldn't shake, FML!
Hope you get feeling better..Mabe a beer might help.. :)

May 11, 2014, 06:26:49 PM
Reply #429

rocket

been sober all week.......this is how I feel......

REALLY!!

May 12, 2014, 04:05:07 AM
Reply #430

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Had a good day yesterday, took the wife to breakfast, both the girls came to wish there Mom a Happy Mothers Day, our youngest son had to work but did make time to call, and our oldest boy cooked dinner for her.

Hey Rocket hope you feel better real soon.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 12, 2014, 05:07:47 AM
Reply #431

rocket

day by day.....turns out there was something going around at the reception...brudder had it too.....feeling much better today,might even take a ride

REALLY!!

May 12, 2014, 01:22:26 PM
Reply #432

mat 60

Great Rocket...Glad your geting back to normal .. :)

May 13, 2014, 09:26:52 AM
Reply #433

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member

feeling much better today,might even take a ride

A ride is always good medicine.
Two Lane Highway

May 13, 2014, 12:25:24 PM
Reply #434

rocket

A ride is always good medicine.
I concur! had a little 50 mile jaunt.........was great; bike acted normal; had a chance to look at some nature.......all in all a good time between shifts.

REALLY!!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.