November 15, 2019, 06:20:18 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1018081 times)

May 04, 2014, 08:49:28 PM
Reply #405

HDBitchin

Administrator
That is Good news sickpup!

May 05, 2014, 04:19:43 AM
Reply #406

rocket

Holy shit, what a day......I was up since 2 am........I got home 'round 9 pm an lasted about 20 seconds, lol......just got my first wiff of coffee and I'll be carrying my moms coffin, ( with the help of a few siblings an in laws)........I also set up a bagpiper to play at the cemetery. It oughta be a great Irish funeral.
 Well tha dawgs are looking at me crosseyed.....think I better let 'dem out........let 'em do their own kinda jig..........adios for now.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 05, 2014, 04:25:14 AM
Reply #407

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Been out of the loop for a few days and just catching up. Sorry for your losses Rocket and Sick Pup.
Sick Pup, hope the wife's knee heals real soon. The story about the small child was encouraging, good to hear there are still lots of decent folks out there.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 05, 2014, 01:05:07 PM
Reply #408

rebel55

great to hear the wife is doing better pup i know first hand about the cruches part i'm getting around better to' like i said before can't keep a rider down for long'
I'm not totally useless: I can be used as a bad example

May 05, 2014, 01:23:48 PM
Reply #409

TroubleHead Fred

Rocket, my thoughts will be with you and your family today.
Ride On...

May 06, 2014, 12:57:28 AM
Reply #410

rocket

time marches on......be nice to get back to the ho-hum again.

REALLY!!

May 06, 2014, 04:49:39 AM
Reply #411

01rk

Retired Staff Member
time marches on......be nice to get back to the ho-hum again.
Your right time moves on, but I'll tell you not to many days go by that I don't think of my Mom, she passed away 14 years ago.
Funny how it affects you, don't think about it much when they are there, but when they pass it's different.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 06, 2014, 04:54:12 AM
Reply #412

rocket

I was a pall bearer....when they handed out the gloves, I asked innocently, ''Can we keep these?''.....It was all my brothers needed for a gut busting guffaw right in the lobby of the home. I guess it was a stress relief all I know it was hard to keep my composure after that.

REALLY!!

May 08, 2014, 05:18:53 AM
Reply #413

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Your right time moves on, but I'll tell you not to many days go by that I don't think of my Mom, she passed away 14 years ago.
Funny how it affects you, don't think about it much when they are there, but when they pass it's different.
Very well said Dave.  You just get this pang of remorse and seems to never end.  Same with me.  Since May 7th 1996 still there.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 08, 2014, 10:42:37 AM
Reply #414

rocket

I understand completely. I guess her dementia that she suffered from is also a godsend........eases the pain, to me anyways.

REALLY!!

May 09, 2014, 04:29:47 AM
Reply #415

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Very well said Dave.  You just get this pang of remorse and seems to never end.  Same with me.  Since May 7th 1996 still there.

I guess we just assume they will always be there, I know I didn't pay enough attention when she was alive.
Our boys are exactly the same, I have to call them and remind them if they cannot come around to at least call, especially on Mothers day.
I see the hurt when they don't!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 09, 2014, 05:43:40 AM
Reply #416

Webbtron

Global Moderator
I guess we just assume they will always be there, I know I didn't pay enough attention when she was alive.
Our boys are exactly the same, I have to call them and remind them if they cannot come around to at least call, especially on Mothers day.
I see the hurt when they don't!
Man you are tearing me up here.  You been to my place you know we aren't Sunday china folks.  About 6 weeks ago Debbie want to change stuff up so she swaps out one set of dishes for another.....don't ask me why?  Guess who got those dishes for me?  One of those pangs shows up.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 09, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
Reply #417

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Sorry Craig, did not mean to get so emotional, hang in there Buddy.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

May 09, 2014, 08:44:23 AM
Reply #418

HDBitchin

Administrator
Man you are tearing me up here.  You been to my place you know we aren't Sunday china folks.  About 6 weeks ago Debbie want to change stuff up so she swaps out one set of dishes for another.....don't ask me why?  Guess who got those dishes for me?  One of those pangs shows up.

Well I have to add something after that one Craig. As I have a similar thing.

Both of my parents are long gone from this earth and I agree you never have a day that you don't think of them. Everyday things will remind you of them and there are some things that you keep that have no value to others but have special meaning to you because they were given to you by a parent.

Recently my wife was cleaning house and decided to toss out a pair of my slippers that for years were placed at the foot of our bed but had not been worn in years. They were given to me by my parents as a gift. My wife just got tired of vacuuming around them and forgot how they were brought into our world.

Rocket I hope your loss will heal soon. Here is to all parents living and gone. Mother's Day is coming up so don't miss a chance to tell the Mothers in your life how much they mean to you.

May 10, 2014, 06:28:55 AM
Reply #419

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Well I have to add something after that one Craig. As I have a similar thing.

Both of my parents are long gone from this earth and I agree you never have a day that you don't think of them. Everyday things will remind you of them and there are some things that you keep that have no value to others but have special meaning to you because they were given to you by a parent.

Recently my wife was cleaning house and decided to toss out a pair of my slippers that for years were placed at the foot of our bed but had not been worn in years. They were given to me by my parents as a gift. My wife just got tired of vacuuming around them and forgot how they were brought into our world.

Rocket I hope your loss will heal soon. Here is to all parents living and gone. Mother's Day is coming up so don't miss a chance to tell the Mothers in your life how much they mean to you.
I'm A little slow on the uptake, but this is a nice conversation to have on the day before Mothers Day.  I believe it is still the day the most calls are made in the US.  In the old days I think the phone companies were in a "Please try again later" loop.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer