October 13, 2019, 01:02:21 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1003348 times)

May 03, 2014, 03:54:11 AM
Reply #390

rocket

sounds like they gave your wife the run around when she first complained about thee pain and discomfort from the original operation, glad things are better, damn shame about your cousin.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 03, 2014, 05:53:51 AM
Reply #391

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I hope your wife is going to get better now sickpup.

The story about your cousin is tragic.
Two Lane Highway

May 03, 2014, 06:33:42 AM
Reply #392

sickpup

Yes, the wife got the run around for the last year, she kept telling them something wasn't right but they just told her it was arthritis setting in or that it won't ever be like it was before,she's not as young as she used to be,blah,blah,etc. It wasn't until I went in and told her doc that if they didn't take her serious and check it out real good, I was going to take her to a different place and see if there was something they might have botched the first time. It was then they got interested in getting to the bottom of it.Funny how that works. Wasn't the surgeon, it was the middle man regular doc that wasn't being a big help.

Thanks, for the condolences on my cousin. He was closer to my age but was actually my dad's first cousin. That made him a second cousin  or a first cousin once removed, I don't know it confuses me? I just say cousin. He was a real good guy but we weren't that close after we were all grown, he was a college prof. his brother a prosecuting attorney. I come from a large family full of DRs,lawyers, cops, scholars, and the like. Myself and one or two others became longhair,tattoo'd, harley riding, blacksheep. I'm no outlaw, never been to the pen or anything but I've spent several nights in jail for fighting, disturbing the peace, and general mild mischief. Our worlds were quite different. It was a shame what happened though, the world is a screwed up place at times, always has been, but only gets worse.

OK, now back to your regular scheduled programming. After having a cold front settled in here all week, today is sunny and they are calling for 80*.
Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 06:38:47 AM
Reply #393

Webbtron

Global Moderator

After getting home I got a call from my dad telling me they had discovered a cousin of mine and his wife murdered in their home. Don't know any details yet. I hadn't seen him for about 20 years. We had kind of lost touch, you know how it goes. We weren't really that close but it was still a shame to hear.
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/police-investigating-the-deaths-of-couple-in-south-springfield-home/21048998_25776484
Sorry about your cousin, what struck me about the article was it mirrors my wife and I.  Same age, same hobbies ...it is bad enough now my wife won't open the door far a stranger.  I wonder if it was a home invasion?  If you care to update later I'd be interested especially when they catch the guy.  Again heartfelt sympathies. 
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 03, 2014, 07:20:48 AM
Reply #394

sickpup

After stating the world is a screwed up place above, I will say there is plenty of good folks left in it.
This last Monday afternoon we had a 4 year old boy in the neighborhood (3 houses over from me)wonder off while playing with a group of kids in a yard. He got mad at his cousin or something and decided he would just go home.His parents were at work and they were playing in the yard next door to his babysitter just up the street. By the time the kids went and told the adults, the kid was out of sight. It is a pretty quiet, safe neighborhood so it didn't seem a big deal at first but the kid couldn't be found. The neighbors got in on the search and they knocked on my door as they were doing a hose to house search by then. Within 25 minutes or so there was hundreds of people(L.E.,Fire Dept.,First Response included) looking,walking the streets,checking backyards,and garages. My wife,grandkids, and myself were searching as well and before long it seemed everyone in town was looking. Myself and several others was on our bikes searching routes to all the local parks and such.It soon turned into a city wide search and it seemed everyone in town was out looking. He was finally found about 11pm under a neighbors deck where he had hidden and then fell asleep I think,He looked pretty confused as to the fuss when he was found. I had returned home to swap out my mag light for a tactical flashlight just as he was found and heard them yell "found him". After confirming it as fact I (and several others)spent another 90 minutes or so driving around alerting folks he had been found.

I am one of the first to complain about everyone being self absorbed these days but I was pretty proud to see my town come together like that when it really matters and was very glad to see it end on a happy note, as that's not always the case after a long search.

Only posted this to show it's not all bad out there.
Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 07:23:32 AM
Reply #395

sickpup

Sorry about your cousin, what struck me about the article was it mirrors my wife and I.  Same age, same hobbies ...it is bad enough now my wife won't open the door far a stranger.  I wonder if it was a home invasion?  If you care to update later I'd be interested especially when they catch the guy.  Again heartfelt sympathies.

Thanks, and I will post when I know anything to add.
Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 08:33:44 AM
Reply #396

rocket

I come from a large family full of DRs,lawyers, cops, scholars, and the like. Myself and one or two others became longhair,tattoo'd, harley riding, blacksheep. I'm no outlaw, never been to the pen or anything but I've spent several nights in jail for fighting, disturbing the peace, and general mild mischief. Our worlds were quite different. It was a shame what happened though, the world is a screwed up place at times, always has been, but only gets worse.

OK, now back to your regular scheduled programming. After having a cold front settled in here all week, today is sunny and they are calling for 80*.
doesn't sound sick to me.......must be a typo on your sig,....... :))
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 03, 2014, 10:03:09 AM
Reply #397

sickpup

LOL! nickname comes from some of the jokes I tell in person that leaves most folks shaking their head and saying, "man, you're a sick puppy".  :o

Maybe we need a thread for folks to tell how they got their nicknames.
Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 11:34:57 AM
Reply #398

mat 60

Sorry about your cusan suckup...I hope the best for your wife also..Mat

May 03, 2014, 02:05:43 PM
Reply #399

sickpup

Sorry about your cusan suckup...I hope the best for your wife also..Mat

I tried to get the brown off my nose, honest..  ;D

Thanks for the well wishes, all around. It's only been 24 hrs. and she says it's already feeling better than it had the last year.

Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 03:12:28 PM
Reply #400

Webbtron

Global Moderator
I tried to get the brown off my nose, honest..  ;D

Thanks for the well wishes, all around. It's only been 24 hrs. and she says it's already feeling better than it had the last year.
Time to plan you next ride.  Maybe a short feeling out day trip of 120 miles.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 03, 2014, 03:43:12 PM
Reply #401

sickpup

Yea, I'm making her stay off of it for a bit. Had a buddy stop by today out for a maiden voyage breaking in his bike after a rebuild and big bore kit. Wanted to go for a spin myself but figured I would hang around here and keep her company. I think she will be ready to ride behind me soon, we have a big local rally coming up in a couple weeks and she plans on going. I want to keep her off of her sporty for long as I can and let her heal up good but she is pretty headstrong so I'm not sure how long that will be.
Ride On...

May 03, 2014, 04:05:52 PM
Reply #402

rebel55

can't keep a rider down long, katrina andi rode yesterday was great, that was a week after i broke my ankle, doc said as long as i didn't over do it i was good and could ride, katrina kept a watch on me with roadrider and his friend. we had great day
I'm not totally useless: I can be used as a bad example

May 04, 2014, 07:15:33 PM
Reply #403

sickpup

Wife was getting around today without a crutch or a cane,still limping but I think that will get better in time as well now. She was feeling well enough that I didn't feel a bit guilty about taking off on a 5 hr. ride with about a half dozen of the guys today. Now I feel much better as well.
Ride On...

May 04, 2014, 08:03:03 PM
Reply #404

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Now that's what I'm talking about!  Really glad to hear you're doing good!  Make it a good week!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2020 TEAM LEADER

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.