August 06, 2020, 02:42:51 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1182405 times)

August 02, 2020, 08:27:38 AM
Reply #10110

HDBitchin

Administrator
Heading out to Monteagle on the Kaw - it's a beautiful morning, nice and cool - I will get my ride in and then come back and ride the lawn tractor for a couple hours.

I enjoy the mowing at this point, I have bluetooth headphones and can listen to whatever while mowing.

The greenery down here grows pretty quickly all season long, but at least I only have 1.4 acres to mow.

Enjoy your coffee, Gentlemen!

best

mqqn
Enjoy the ride!

1.4 acres! Wow! You need a good riding mower for that size lawn.

When I lived in Georgia I had a 3/4 acre lawn but about half it was woods with pine needles and undergrowth. I did own a good riding mower. Had a Snapper which was a well built mower with a good ole Briggs and Stratton 8hp motor.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families
Like Like x 1 View List

August 02, 2020, 09:14:58 AM
Reply #10111

rocket

Looks awesome, @rocket  - do you love the sound of the new pipes?
yup, they have a nice bark.....subtle when off the throttle.....perfect. 8)
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!
Like Like x 1 View List

August 02, 2020, 09:16:34 AM
Reply #10112

rocket

that reminds me I need to look at the leveling gear on my tractor......but lawn hasn't grown in weeks.....so I have time.

REALLY!!

August 02, 2020, 02:19:29 PM
Reply #10113

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Missed your post this morning. Yes I started off working this morning and then got a call that my position was eliminated after 41 years. I worked in aviation and it is hard hit during virus.

Retired now!
Congratulations on the retirement!
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 1 View List

August 02, 2020, 02:21:09 PM
Reply #10114

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
picture of the pipes being mounted....finished it off last night putting the heat shields on......came out nice.
That is a nice Dyna!!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 2 View List

August 02, 2020, 02:25:30 PM
Reply #10115

HDBitchin

Administrator
Congratulations on the retirement!
Thanks!
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

August 02, 2020, 02:27:59 PM
Reply #10116

rocket

That is a nice Dyna!!
thanks super.....waited 3 weeks for the weather to break it didn't so I sweated thru it......heat shiels went on yesterday.....she is pretty much done till the compensator gets changed....wondering if a shop will keep it under 500 bucks, I don't want any part of it.

REALLY!!
Like Like x 1 View List

August 02, 2020, 03:50:34 PM
Reply #10117

mqqn

Global Moderator
@HDBitchin  - I have a JD 42" with a Briggs Vanguard 21hp v-twin. It never bogs down, but I did have to swap over to side-discharge down here instead of the mulch-kit - this stuff is too thick and grows faster than it looks - It takes me about 1.5 hours to do it all if I keep at it - then there is the weed wacking and the blowing off of the drive and walks - I have a 130' driveway so lots of edging and blowing. Not as bad as real acreage though.

@rocket  - the compensator is not too hard to change - you just need a way to keep the chain from turning and a good, long breaker bar - I bought a cheap one at harbor freight that did the job for less than $20 -

best

mqqn
Like Like x 1 View List

August 02, 2020, 04:05:45 PM
Reply #10118

rocket

@rocket  - the compensator is not too hard to change - you just need a way to keep the chain from turning and a good, long breaker bar - I bought a cheap one at harbor freight that did the job for less than $20 -
I need a dremel tool as well from what I seen on older inner primary casings....unless the moco smartened up in 2012....kinda think they didn't

REALLY!!

August 03, 2020, 05:43:49 AM
Reply #10119

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders!

Have a great day!

HDBitchin aka Tank

August 03, 2020, 07:20:34 AM
Reply #10120

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
  Good Morning all!

I guess this might go here,  too early to put a lot of effort into it.

https://tinyurl.com/y5pbp3gr

Cheers,
Ferrous
Funny Funny x 1 View List

August 03, 2020, 07:45:40 AM
Reply #10121

HDBitchin

Administrator
  Good Morning all!

I guess this might go here,  too early to put a lot of effort into it.

https://tinyurl.com/y5pbp3gr

Cheers,
Ferrous
Yes, too early.
HDBitchin aka Tank

August 03, 2020, 07:05:14 PM
Reply #10122

rocket

took her out for a night ride...second thoughts on the ''noise'' off the left side....sounds higher up than the primary and nothing like described as a worn compensator, best guess now is a rocker off the front jug, twin cams ''to me'' sound like a sewing machine on the top of the motor.......I may be off but that's what I hear with every twin cam I've ridden.

REALLY!!

August 04, 2020, 07:22:01 AM
Reply #10123

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders! It is Tuesday and we should see a high today of around 110 but no rain. Our Monsoon season is MIA.
HDBitchin aka Tank

August 04, 2020, 08:04:23 AM
Reply #10124

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Good morning riders! It is Tuesday and we should see a high today of around 110 but no rain. Our Monsoon season is MIA.

Good morning, Rookie.   >:D
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer