November 14, 2019, 06:58:47 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1017838 times)

rocket and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 08, 2019, 03:57:51 PM
Reply #8220

rocket

I'll be off line for a few days...puppy chewed the power cord...on battery for now.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

July 09, 2019, 05:53:06 AM
Reply #8221

HDBitchin

Administrator
I'll be off line for a few days...puppy chewed the power cord...on battery for now.
That would drive me crazy! Tapatalk on your smartphone could be a backup.

Good morning riders! Coffee is ready here in the Mountain Time Zone!

July 09, 2019, 06:39:05 AM
Reply #8222

J F Go

Community Advocate
Good mornin all. Going to get in the wind today with a couple of friends. Heading to Greenville for lunch on Moosehead Lake. Have a great day everyone. 8)

July 09, 2019, 07:26:27 AM
Reply #8223

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Good morning.  Last 'cool' day here in the Valley for a while.   ::)
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

July 09, 2019, 08:52:14 AM
Reply #8224

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good mornin all. Going to get in the wind today with a couple of friends. Heading to Greenville for lunch on Moosehead Lake. Have a great day everyone. 8)
Enjoy the wind!

July 09, 2019, 08:53:51 AM
Reply #8225

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning.  Last 'cool' day here in the Valley for a while.   ::)
The ride to work today was very nice. The ride home this afternoon will be another thing!

July 09, 2019, 04:56:01 PM
Reply #8226

HDBitchin

Administrator
107 degrees for the ride home.

July 10, 2019, 06:06:26 AM
Reply #8227

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning!

Had a spammer register and post this morning. Thanks @AbueloBill for reporting his post! He is history now!

July 10, 2019, 08:03:53 AM
Reply #8228

WantMore

Supporting Member
Get them spammers! Good job Bill!

Good morning everyone!
Smoke em if you got em

July 10, 2019, 09:54:29 AM
Reply #8229

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Hump day!

Good morning everyone!
Two Lane Highway

July 10, 2019, 05:36:47 PM
Reply #8230

rocket

That would drive me crazy! Tapatalk on your smartphone could be a backup.

Good morning riders! Coffee is ready here in the Mountain Time Zone!
no way I have 1 email on the phone and it's not cluttered with subscriptions....I don't even use social media on the damn thing.no offense.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

July 10, 2019, 07:14:25 PM
Reply #8231

J F Go

Community Advocate
Good evening all. Alas, I'm here to HDBITCH. The wife and I took a trip to a place on the ocean the Friday before the fourth. It was Winter Harbor, ME., and it is appropriately named as the moment you hit the town line the temp drops a minimum of 20 degrees. It feels pretty good on a 90 +/- day (sometimes.) Anyway, I did not fuel up before leaving the house, why I don't know, because I don't like getting fuel with a passenger, it's a whole thing getting on and off with cars everywhere, right? My wife spent most every spare moment her dad could get there, when she was a kid, and really loves going there now. We ate at a very nice spot, I'll send some pix to @HDBitchin for posting later, and it was very enjoyable. When we left the restaurant I noticed I had put almost 180 miles on since my last fill up. We arrived at the intersection where there was a gas station but the wife was speaking to me about taking a right instead of the left that we usually take as she wanted to see if the road into her dads land had been paved at this point. Had been a long time since she had been down that road to see the land that her and her family had cleared. Her dad died before they ever built a place. It was paved and she really wanted to go down to see but I said no we would go down later this summer in her car to check it out. That road is very narrow and I'm no fan of narrow roads I've never been on, especially 2-up. We were almost back to US1 when I realized that I was running on fumes. I was a bit nervous, to put it mildly. I knew it was about the same distance to the next gas on US1 as going back so I kept going forward. Now US1 is not to bad to travel but there are lots of tractor-trailers coming down from Canada on this hi-way and they waste no time running down it. I was on high alert with traffic because there is no more than 3 feet of break down lane, then it's dirt. I noticed a tractor-trailer moving very rapidly and coming up on me at a high of speed but he was still far enough back that with me doing 65 or so I felt I'd get to the gas station before he caught up to me, boy was I wrong. He had to have been doing 75-80, depending on weather he was up or on the down hill slide. He stayed way to close for comfort for me considering I knew at anytime I would be out of fuel and he was, without any doubt in my mind, to close to me to not run me over. It sucked. I saw the station and put my blinker on and tried not to slow to quickly because at this point I think my wife could have reached out and touched him. At this point I got onto that 3 feet of pavement of break down lane and the concussion of air that he pushed me with when he went by me was very uncomfortable. The bike died on that 3 feet of lane and I gotta tell ya that will make you either crap yourself or pucker-up quite hard. I have always been very courteous towards large trucks. I always stay back enough so I see their mirrors. If you can't see the drivers mirror they CANNOT see you. Time for them to extend the same courtesy.
Now my next HDBITCH has to do with folks that are texting while driving. We all have seen it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had some kind of uncomfortable experience with some one doing it. My friends and I went to Greenville ME. earlier this week and had zero issues on the road. However, we were walking around town and heading for a sport outfitter, that we enjoy perusing when we go there to see all the latest and greatest fishing apparel and gear, when I notice this lady, around mid 30's I'd say, looking down at her phone and texting. Now if that wasn't bad enough, she rolled right into the crosswalk that me and my friends were in and I believe that I stopped her car with my mass. I looked straight at her and told her, very loudly and a lot of tourist saw and heard as well, that she was breaking the law and if caught it's now a $250 fine here for doing it. She just stared at me as if to say, well we all know what she said, just not out loud. I can't for the life of me understand how folks can do this knowing full well that they could take their own or some one else's life. Thanks for letting me share.  :(   
Like Like x 1 View List

July 10, 2019, 07:24:33 PM
Reply #8232

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well @J F Go it is good to hear you bitch. You lived to tell the story!

July 11, 2019, 04:54:06 AM
Reply #8233

J F Go

Community Advocate
Good mornin everyone. Another nice day here in the Northeast and I hope to get in the wind before the day is to far over. Have a great day. 8)

July 11, 2019, 06:12:05 AM
Reply #8234

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders!

We are going to get another hot one here. The high is predicted to be 111 degrees.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer