November 15, 2019, 06:22:06 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1018082 times)

March 01, 2014, 10:06:32 PM
Reply #180

HDBitchin

Administrator
Raining here in Phoenix. We are getting the system that was in California. The entire State is getting some good soaking rain. After it leaves it should have left enough rain to allow the fire season to be a bit more tolerable.

March 02, 2014, 04:43:56 AM
Reply #181

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Raining here in Phoenix. We are getting the system that was in California. The entire State is getting some good soaking rain. After it leaves it should have left enough rain to allow the fire season to be a bit more tolerable.

Your rain is going to be the 10-14 inches of snow we get tonight. I don't know about the rest of you guys in the northern states but I have had enough, snow has covered the ground most of Jan., all of Feb. and now Mar. is not starting off any better. It's still bone chilling cold and there does not seem to be any light at the end of this tunnel!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 02, 2014, 05:50:22 AM
Reply #182

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Maybe this is the last storm and it'll be like someone flipped a switch.  We just got a skiff but it is 9°
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

March 02, 2014, 10:21:40 AM
Reply #183

HDBitchin

Administrator
One way to look at it for you guys in those colder and snowy climates is that the calendar has turned the page to March. Much better that it reading January or February. It won't be long. Time is on your side.

March 02, 2014, 12:11:10 PM
Reply #184

rocket

next thing ya know, time will be running out on another riding season........
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

March 03, 2014, 06:08:42 AM
Reply #185

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Looks like the weather people blew it, sure glad, we are only getting a couple of inches of snow, but it is windy and cold.
As for time being on my side, that's a Stones song right.
At my age I doubt very much time is on my side, I check the obituary column every morning to make sure my name is not in there. My best years are distant memories.
Anyway I am looking forward to some nice weather, hopefully not in the to distant future. Don't want to wish any of that time away.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 03, 2014, 07:43:08 AM
Reply #186

rocket

This winter has kept the body shops busy.......wouldn't mind a thaw , one is s'posed to show by weeks end.....a gradual thaw is just what we need.....give some of the water time to get absorbed instead of in my basement. ::)

REALLY!!

March 03, 2014, 10:46:52 PM
Reply #187

bc45

Global Moderator
I feel for you guys that are in that freeze and snow zone. I was getting down due to all the rain we are getting here for the last few months then I see what a lot of the state are getting and feel lucky.     

March 04, 2014, 05:38:30 AM
Reply #188

01rk

Retired Staff Member
The thermometer says 6* this morning, after today it's supposed to get warmer.
I sure hope the weather people get it right, 50 by Sat. still will not be able to ride though too much salt on the roads.
Our youngest daughter hit a pot hole and wrecked a wheel and tire on her car, that's another reason for leaving the bike in the garage, those creaters in the roads!
Enough whining for now.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 04, 2014, 12:29:28 PM
Reply #189

rocket

The thermometer says 6* this morning, after today it's supposed to get warmer.
I sure hope the weather people get it right, 50 by Sat. still will not be able to ride though too much salt on the roads.
Our youngest daughter hit a pot hole and wrecked a wheel and tire on her car, that's another reason for leaving the bike in the garage, those creaters in the roads!
Enough whining for now.
sounds like your just a tad south from me, I'm in connecticut.......pretty close to the same forecast and conditions.......one of the reasons I like my truck.........I can hit railway ties and the tires/ wheels will be fine.......dunno bout the alignment...lol.

REALLY!!

March 05, 2014, 09:36:39 AM
Reply #190

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Had to go into the combat zone [aka Philadelphia] this morning, traffic was gridlocked, a wreck on I95.
At least the sun is out, a fairly nice day around mid 30's.
I really hate going there.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 05, 2014, 11:03:36 AM
Reply #191

rocket

Had to go into the combat zone [aka Philadelphia] this morning, traffic was gridlocked, a wreck on I95.
At least the sun is out, a fairly nice day around mid 30's.
I really hate going there.
Hey where does That highway 95.....run out of ben salem, if ya take it north?.....thats not the nj turnpike, and I didn't see an exit/entrance on the turn pike for it??

REALLY!!

March 05, 2014, 11:42:41 AM
Reply #192

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Hey where does That highway 95.....run out of ben salem, if ya take it north?.....thats not the nj turnpike, and I didn't see an exit/entrance on the turn pike for it??
If you are north bound on I95 from Bensalem it goes to the Scudder Falls bridge at Yardley, Pa., once you cross into NJ the hwy. becomes I295 S and circumvents Trenton. I295 connects with I195E which connects to the NJ tpk that is I95N at that point. The NJ tpk is Jersey's version of a NASCAR track that's open to the public!
I95 also connects to US1 in Langhorne [live near there], US1 goes into NJ at Morrisville Pa. and 1 connects to the NJ tpk. This route is shorter but there are some traffic lights to contend with.
Hopes this helps, probably clear as mud.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 05, 2014, 11:46:48 AM
Reply #193

rocket

naw I get it ....thanks.

REALLY!!

March 05, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
Reply #194

01rk

Retired Staff Member
BTW there was a truck driver seriously injured in that I95 crash. It was caused by a drunk driver.
The cops have the guy in custody.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer