March 24, 2019, 02:00:36 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 935296 times)

rocket and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 09, 2019, 09:19:20 PM
Reply #7395

HDBitchin

Administrator
Just finished a five hour plumbing job.  One of the bathroom faucets decided to corrode a hole, still worked but unsightly.  The second one was OK, just needed a new cartridge but Kathleen wanted the matching ones.  Ordered new ones on line and they arrived yesterday.

Turned out the under sink valves were corroded open and none of the four would turn off.  So with the house water off and a couple crescent wrenches I got them out.    Only one trip to Home Depot for new valves.  The new faucets mounted the hoses differently than the old ones did, but the existing countertop mounting holes could still be used.  No leaks so far, and I didn't cut or otherwise damage myself.  Bit stiff from crawling around but OK.

Weather is holding but with rain predicted for the weekend and a commitment to help a neighbor this afternoon.  Will try to get a ride in tomorrow. ^-^
It always feels good to DIY. No matter whether it is working on your plumbing or working on your motorcycle.

January 09, 2019, 10:37:06 PM
Reply #7396

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Evening everyone.
Two Lane Highway

January 09, 2019, 11:32:15 PM
Reply #7397

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have some interesting CES pictures that I am still uploading. Some are from the LiveMap booth and helmet pictures and few others are from another helmet company named Jarvish. Should get them posted tomorrow.

January 10, 2019, 05:52:00 AM
Reply #7398

HDBitchin

Administrator
Hello riders! Time for coffee!

January 10, 2019, 07:00:03 AM
Reply #7399

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
Have a daughter turning 39 today. 

A friend asked me how does it feel to have a daughter that old?  Not so bad, actually, it felt a lot worse when my son turned 50.
Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

January 10, 2019, 07:54:06 AM
Reply #7400

WantMore

Supporting Member
Good morning my forum friends!
Smoke em if you got em

January 10, 2019, 01:24:03 PM
Reply #7401

rocket

plumbing I was never good at........same thing with taping wallboard....oh well I can still drive truck!!
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

January 10, 2019, 05:39:55 PM
Reply #7402

J F Go

Community Advocate
Good evening all. I'm with ya there @rocket. Me and plumbing, not so much, I can make anything plumbing related, leak. &{ Looking forward to some pix Larry. Hope you and the Misses are having a good time. Not sure who's available for holding down the fort, but it doesn't seem to have moved any, LOL.

January 11, 2019, 07:30:00 AM
Reply #7403

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good evening all. I'm with ya there @rocket. Me and plumbing, not so much, I can make anything plumbing related, leak. &{ Looking forward to some pix Larry. Hope you and the Misses are having a good time. Not sure who's available for holding down the fort, but it doesn't seem to have moved any, LOL.
Got busy and didn’t get any of the new pictures up but I did get a Facebook live stream video that we did yesterday linked in the LiveMap helmet thread. But I do have more pictures and even some information on some new helmets and earplugs that I will add soon.

Coffee time!

January 11, 2019, 08:10:13 AM
Reply #7404

bc45

Global Moderator
@AbueloBill it's always great when a plumbing project goes smooth.

Good morning

January 11, 2019, 09:56:14 AM
Reply #7405

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
@AbueloBill it's always great when a plumbing project goes smooth.

Good morning

Actually, my friend, it didn't.  At least not right away.

When Kathleen went to put the stuff back found that one valve was wet.  Not enough to drip but clearly there was a problem.  I tried then to tighten it down once more and it helped, but not enough.  Ran out of strength in the awkward position needed. 

Tried the next morning and got an eighth of a turn more and that was enough.  Also found a bruise from lying on the cabinet edge, so all-in-all everything turned out to be an average project - a couple tries to get things right and a minor bodily ding.

Rode out to Saguaro Lake with @Rider Ron afterwards, enjoyed our conversation and had a taco salad at the cafe overlooking the lake.  Life is good.
Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
Like Like x 2 View List

January 12, 2019, 09:59:27 AM
Reply #7406

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning scooter trash as our friend @maniacmac would say!

Back from Vegas and the CES. I have collected some information that I will share on the forum in the Gear Accessories and Apparel section later today.

Still sipping coffee over here in the Mountain Time Zone.

January 12, 2019, 10:02:39 AM
Reply #7407

maniacmac

Global Moderator
And I say it in the kindest way lol
CARS SUCK!
Funny Funny x 2 View List

January 12, 2019, 10:25:21 AM
Reply #7408

HDBitchin

Administrator
 &{
And I say it in the kindest way lol
And whenever I borrow it, me too!!  ;)   ::)   ^-^

January 12, 2019, 02:33:27 PM
Reply #7409

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Yep!! Hello Scooter Trash!!
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.