October 13, 2019, 02:25:55 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1003435 times)

January 31, 2015, 07:49:48 AM
Reply #1170

rocket

That is a long way, thought maybe you were closer.
Anyway there is a large selection of used bikes there.
My cousin is looking at a '97 Heritage, the guy wants $4,500 for it, seems like a steal.

stopped by an applacian dealer near camp hill over the holidays...I wasn't impressed.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

January 31, 2015, 07:53:21 AM
Reply #1171

HDBitchin

Administrator
That is a long way, thought maybe you were closer.
Anyway there is a large selection of used bikes there.
My cousin is looking at a '97 Heritage, the guy wants $4,500 for it, seems like a steal.
Just off the top of my head I would think that a 1997 Heritage would go for $7,500 to $8,000. That is a steal.

January 31, 2015, 11:44:48 AM
Reply #1172

rocket

the more I think about that 92 fxrs....the more I think it's a scam.....dealer had it at 16 k on the odm,....now'it's at 6k on the odm......hmmmmm.

REALLY!!

January 31, 2015, 12:03:49 PM
Reply #1173

HDBitchin

Administrator
the more I think about that 92 fxrs....the more I think it's a scam.....dealer had it at 16 k on the odm,....now'it's at 6k on the odm......hmmmmm.
Either way that is low mileage. But in reality it could be much higher than what is being printed in the advertizing or on the actual odometer when you do see it for yourself.

If you are still a potential buyer and if the bike is still available have a mechanic that you know and trust do an inspection and one of the inspections I might suggest is to put a camera into the cylinder and look at the walls for cross hatch pattern. It will tell you what the true wear and life of the engine is better than any odometer that might have been changed out and does not represent the true mileage.   

January 31, 2015, 12:57:06 PM
Reply #1174

rocket

I'd like to see a guide or wear patterns pertaining to the cylinder wall(s)....I can pick up a digital camera on the cheap....

REALLY!!

January 31, 2015, 01:20:11 PM
Reply #1175

HDBitchin

Administrator
I'd like to see a guide or wear patterns pertaining to the cylinder wall(s)....I can pick up a digital camera on the cheap....
Here is one from Harbor Freight Tools...

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

This one is under $20 from eBay and will use a USB connection to your laptop...

This video also shows his use on a motorcycle motor. But the view was very narrow.

January 31, 2015, 05:13:44 PM
Reply #1176

rocket

pro vision 100 looks like a nother route too take.

REALLY!!

February 01, 2015, 09:21:42 AM
Reply #1177

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Regardless of the miles on the FXR it is a cool platform. Buy that thing Rocket! 
Two Lane Highway

February 01, 2015, 09:34:59 AM
Reply #1178

rocket

It aint going anywhere...yet.....as soon as the tax money comes in I'll drop 500 on her to keep it on things to get in 3 month's list.

REALLY!!

February 01, 2015, 09:51:20 AM
Reply #1179

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Nice thing about cyberspace.  It cut a bunch of time off typical government refunds.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

February 01, 2015, 10:27:37 AM
Reply #1180

rocket

I hope mine gets here soon.........right now the hd dealer where the bike is is under 3 feet of snow......w/more on the way....just wanna get a deposite down, kinda don't with sights unseen thou......I should just bide my time a nutter bike will come down the pike, mebbe fuel injected :))

REALLY!!

February 02, 2015, 12:51:21 PM
Reply #1181

01rk

Retired Staff Member
I hope mine gets here soon.........right now the hd dealer where the bike is is under 3 feet of snow......w/more on the way....just wanna get a deposite down, kinda don't with sights unseen thou......I should just bide my time a nutter bike will come down the pike, mebbe fuel injected :))

JMO, but I think you are better off with a carburetor.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

February 02, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
Reply #1182

rocket

I have half a chance of werking on it .....right?

REALLY!!

February 02, 2015, 12:55:38 PM
Reply #1183

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Just returned from a weekend of over indulgence on shrimp, clams, wings and beer, not necessarily in that order.
Damn it was a good time, to bad I have to come back to reality.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

February 02, 2015, 12:56:32 PM
Reply #1184

01rk

Retired Staff Member
I have half a chance of werking on it .....right?

You got it!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.