December 12, 2019, 12:48:37 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1031490 times)

November 17, 2019, 05:55:22 PM
Reply #8820

HDBitchin

Administrator
Wishing you strength @rocket

November 17, 2019, 06:23:08 PM
Reply #8821

rocket

joined a ministry of praise at the church...anything at this point cant hurt, thanks tank.that forum is back up but I unsubscribed......lot of wannaba admins aren't to happy from turning the tide....but what the hell the site was crashing my chromebook!! My pc has been fine since.
 C:-)
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

November 17, 2019, 07:07:00 PM
Reply #8822

HDBitchin

Administrator
This forum is all ya need @rocket

I don’t get why some of these standalone specific model forums exist like your Switchback and others like Street Glide, Road Glide and CVO. They are all Harley-Davidson motorcycles and they all have the same motors, primaries, transmissions. 

Proboards is free and you get what you pay for and free doesn’t get ya much. They use shared hosting on a large scale and that can present security issues.

HDBitchin uses SMF which is open sourced and free to install on my own server but I pay and have paid SMF for 6 years to be a Charter member. Being a Charter member I get actual support that you otherwise wouldn’t get. I have never needed it but it is cheap insurance. It runs just $50 per year but even at $50 per year it adds up over the years. I also run this forum on a VPS (virtual private server) so nothing I do on my server is shared with hundreds of other websites like a shared hosting account would do. The VPS gives us our own CPU, RAM and file memory. We share nothing. I also run a WAF (web application firewall) on my VPS. This website is also scanned everyday for viruses, malware, cross scripting and SQL injections. We also have DNSSEC. It all adds up to a safe website but it all has a cost.

I can tell you that most forums don’t do what I do but I never do anything halfway. I want everyone to enjoy a safe and secure forum.

November 18, 2019, 05:36:27 AM
Reply #8823

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good Monday morning riders!

November 18, 2019, 09:04:28 AM
Reply #8824

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Good Monday my scooter trash friends
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 1 View List

November 18, 2019, 10:09:28 AM
Reply #8825

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Good morning, All.  Chilly ride to coffee this morning.  😉
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Like Like x 2 View List

November 18, 2019, 10:57:07 AM
Reply #8826

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning, All.  Chilly ride to coffee this morning.  😉
How did that good ole carbureted motorcycle do? Not as cold as our Utah run though. 

November 18, 2019, 11:51:04 AM
Reply #8827

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
It did just fine.  In fact, on the way home it was whispering in my ear that it wants to stretch it's legs some more before the predicted 4 days of rain show up starting tomorrow.  I didn't remind it that rain forecasts here are generally teasers.  But I do think I am going to go chase lunch somewhere.

Wish me luck!   £~¥

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Like Like x 1 View List

November 19, 2019, 05:33:01 AM
Reply #8828

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders!

We have rain coming to the Phoenix area later today. It is supposed to be a two day weather event.

November 19, 2019, 09:32:49 AM
Reply #8829

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I remember with I was young rain wasn't an event it was just reported in the weather report, but news was only 30 minutes long also
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 1 View List

November 19, 2019, 08:04:03 PM
Reply #8830

rocket

thanks again tank,
​​​​​​​Day 4 of sobriety.......sniff sniff, scratch ....cough....ahem......seems the same.....even walked into the local gin mill wrote down my picks and walked out ....just like that...
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

November 19, 2019, 08:12:50 PM
Reply #8831

HDBitchin

Administrator
Keep strong @rocket

November 19, 2019, 08:23:15 PM
Reply #8832

bc45

Global Moderator
Good evening all

November 19, 2019, 08:50:33 PM
Reply #8833

HDBitchin

Administrator
Hello Bob!

November 20, 2019, 06:35:21 AM
Reply #8834

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning everyone. Not very great riding here this morning. Rain has arrived in Phoenix.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer