July 24, 2019, 01:50:14 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 969093 times)

January 05, 2019, 08:54:48 AM
Reply #7365

HDBitchin

Administrator
Need some new riding boots and have narrowed my purchase down to a pair of Chippewa motorcycle boots that I have been watching for on Sheplers. My size has not been in stock for awhile but last night Sheplers had my size in stock so I ordered them. Woke up this morning to a email from Sheplers that says my boots were on back order and I wouldn’t see them until January 22. That won’t work as I was hoping to have them for a ride to Las Vegas the week of January 7th. Called them and told them to cancel the order.

The customer service rep was very understanding and explained that Sheplers and Boot Barn had recently merged and inventories had not yet settled on the more popular sizes. Before I ordered I had been on Boot Barn’s website and suspected that the companies were related as the available inventory on my size was exactly the same on each website and they looked to be similar websites in structure.

Later today I was on Sheplers and Boot Barn’s websites and damn if they both didn’t show my size in stock. So instead of ordering again from Sheplers I placed a new order with Boot Barn.

At this moment I have a valid order and ship date from Boot Barn that works for me. I played around with their website when ordering and bumped the order to 2 pairs and it immediately said one pair would be back ordered so it would seem that they do have one pair in stock that is my size. After my order was submited their inventory of my size showed none on both websites (Boot Barn and Sheplers).

Will I get boots or a another back order email? We shall see!
Got a call from Boot Barn yesterday that they were canceling my order as they did not have these boots in my size. I called them twice over the days since the order was placed and asked for a shipping status and each time they were nice and said they didn’t know but had me on their “hot” list and would keep me updated. I ordered these on December 27th only to finally be told on January 4th that they couldn’t fill the order.

They did offer me a 15% discount on any future purchase.

January 05, 2019, 10:15:24 AM
Reply #7366

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Hello Saturday!!
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 2 View List

January 05, 2019, 05:02:10 PM
Reply #7367

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Evenin' All.  I'm enjoying the more seasonal weather today.  Got a couple chores done, now relaxing with an adult beverage.

Larry;  is it true that what goes in LV stays in LV?   >:D
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Funny Funny x 3 View List

January 05, 2019, 05:48:41 PM
Reply #7368

HDBitchin

Administrator
Evenin' All.  I'm enjoying the more seasonal weather today.  Got a couple chores done, now relaxing with an adult beverage.

Larry;  is it true that what goes in LV stays in LV?   >:D
I have heard that being said! LOL

January 05, 2019, 10:15:25 PM
Reply #7369

rocket

Usually the 2nd guy in fixes it....my experience anyways
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 07:22:57 AM
Reply #7370

J F Go

Community Advocate
Good day boys and girls. Looks like it is going to be nice enough wx today to do some BBQ'in. Having my first cup of, at the moment, but will be leaving shortly for food and fuel. How bout them gas prices ? Geeze, so close to 2 bucks a gallon here, how bout where you all live ? Have a wonderful Sunday and remember, don't always believe what you're thinking. LOL ^*? £~¥
Like Like x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 08:50:54 AM
Reply #7371

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders! Raining here (last night and today).

January 06, 2019, 09:00:51 AM
Reply #7372

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
'Morning, All.  It's in the $2.6x's here in the Phoenix area.  We pretty much missed the current dips in gas prices for some reason.   ^*?  For a very long time we had noticeably better prices than the nat'l avg.  Guess we're paying our dues now..

Ron
Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 09:17:58 AM
Reply #7373

bc45

Global Moderator
Good morning. Looks like we survive the rain and wind last night. Roof is still on power is out since 1:30 puget power says may be  purple day to get everything restored. Approx 218,000 without power. I am goi g to go get a coffee and a bacon sandwich more gas for the generator. To last a couple days.
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 09:24:59 AM
Reply #7374

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Good luck there, Bob.

January 06, 2019, 09:51:45 AM
Reply #7375

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good luck @bc45

Hope power for everyone is restored soon.

January 06, 2019, 11:59:42 AM
Reply #7376

J F Go

Community Advocate
Nothing worst than a power outage @bc45. Glad you have a genny to ease the pain. Hopefully they will get it back on sooner than later. 8)

January 06, 2019, 03:25:00 PM
Reply #7377

bc45

Global Moderator
I dont mind the no power so much do to using the generator but internet is down so I have to use data for any posting on Bitchin
Or browsing
Like Like x 1 View List

January 06, 2019, 03:47:01 PM
Reply #7378

rocket

Worst thing about being in your 50's....(besides not being in your 40's)    any chest pains you get regardless of severity...Really nothing btw,..scare the living shit out of you!!!
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!
Agree Agree x 2 View List

January 06, 2019, 05:36:59 PM
Reply #7379

WantMore

Supporting Member
Hello everyone!!
Smoke em if you got em
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.