November 13, 2019, 02:20:29 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1016916 times)

June 29, 2014, 10:00:46 AM
Reply #615

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Being that my bike is way over twenty years old..........I snuck in red atf fluid in my forks.....she never knew the difference , rides good, and makes spotting a leak easy......talk about old school....
Marvel Mystery Oil is red.  I bet it would work.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

June 29, 2014, 10:07:55 AM
Reply #616

Webbtron

Global Moderator
which reminds me , so do I. I have a hostas that is growing really well an full! it has several  blooms poking thru, do you trim these at all? I have no idea how too maintain a healthy hostas, I transplanted this one from the backyard too the corner of the house a few years ago.....it really took off this year.......incidently I got tired of mowing it when it was in the back yard, lol.....tough plant species, glad it's a perenial. :))
My wife doesn't like cut flowers.  So we just let them do what they do.  But mowing is a form of pruning.  I reckon.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

June 29, 2014, 10:12:20 AM
Reply #617

HDBitchin

Administrator
You had a lot changed on that bike.  I can imagine you'd spend that whole 50 miles getting reacquainted.  I think we had a thread about getting 100 miles on the tires.  Then there are the white walls  :) Just kidding.  I like the look but don't miss cleaning the things.
Cleaning white wall tires in Phoenix is probably not required as much since we get very little bad weather. With the lack of rain the bike stays pretty clean. When they do require the occassional cleaning I use Westley's Bleche-White tire cleaner.

As far as the look I think with certain bikes wide white walls are almost a required look IMO. This Heritage has a two tone paint job so the white walls are really part of the look.  On my Electra Glide I like the black wall look. My Electra Glide is a Standard model and the Standard came with black wall tires. I like that look. Street Glides and Road Glides come with black wall tires and IMO that looks good. I remember my old Road King had the thin white wall tires.

June 29, 2014, 10:26:44 AM
Reply #618

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Cleaning white wall tires in Phoenix is probably not required as much since we get very little bad weather. With the lack of rain the bike stays pretty clean. When they do require the occassional cleaning I use Westley's Bleche-White tire cleaner.

As far as the look I think with certain bikes wide white walls are almost a required look IMO. This Heritage has a two tone paint job so the white walls are really part of the look.  On my Electra Glide I like the black wall look. My Electra Glide is a Standard model and the Standard came with black wall tires. I like that look. Street Glides and Road Glides come with black wall tires and IMO that looks good. I remember my old Road King had the thin white wall tires.
I have the same cleaner.  I'm on my second rear tire so I might have to change the front soon.   That's what drives whether I go back to either thin or wide white.   Or black, cause it does change the look.  Then again I'm cheap. Lol

June 29, 2014, 12:24:58 PM
Reply #619

rocket

My wife doesn't like cut flowers.  So we just let them do what they do.  But mowing is a form of pruning.  I reckon.
we will take your wife's lead on this, seeing as my better half doesn't give a fuk....,lol.
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

June 29, 2014, 02:24:37 PM
Reply #620

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Glad to hear you finally got the ride back!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2020 TEAM LEADER

June 29, 2014, 04:04:27 PM
Reply #621

HDBitchin

Administrator
Glad to hear you finally got the ride back!

Thanks! Now that the Heritage is back I have the Electra Glide at the shop for a much needed rear tire. I got to learn to spread these expenditures out a bit more. $$$  :o

June 29, 2014, 04:55:34 PM
Reply #622

01rk

Retired Staff Member

I have the wide white walls on the RK I think they make the look. As for the Westleys Bleach white, if you have stock spokes be careful to keep it off the spokes after a while it reacts with the anodized coating and will dull them down.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 29, 2014, 05:27:26 PM
Reply #623

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have the wide white walls on the RK I think they make the look. As for the Westleys Bleach white, if you have stock spokes be careful to keep it off the spokes after a while it reacts with the anodized coating and will dull them down.
Thanks for the tip. I actually am very careful not to get it on the rims or spokes. As powerful as it cleans the tire I would bet it could peel paint.  :-\

June 29, 2014, 09:16:45 PM
Reply #624

rocket

slow night when ya nap thru half of it.....

REALLY!!

June 30, 2014, 04:03:28 AM
Reply #625

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Go back to the doc this pm, hope the foot has healed good, it is really a drag sitting all day. Probably have office ass now.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 30, 2014, 06:33:22 AM
Reply #626

rocket

watchin' some recorded stuff.....an doing laundry.....weeeeeeeee!

REALLY!!

June 30, 2014, 01:49:35 PM
Reply #627

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Hard to believe that 2014 is half over today.  :-\
Two Lane Highway

June 30, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
Reply #628

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Hard to believe that 2014 is half over today.  :-\

Time flies when your having fun and getting old!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

July 01, 2014, 10:32:22 AM
Reply #629

rocket

scored 30 bucks on the latest nascar pool, time for the rack....

REALLY!!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer