November 13, 2019, 02:49:12 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1016938 times)

June 28, 2014, 03:29:06 AM
Reply #600

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Good morning everyone, it's a wonderful day, the green side is still up!
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 28, 2014, 05:56:10 AM
Reply #601

rocket

only thing better than a 2 day weekend is a 4 day werk week....then a 3 day weekend!
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

June 28, 2014, 07:51:50 AM
Reply #602

Webbtron

Global Moderator
    Had some real excitement last night, an hour before dusk.  I was out in the backyard and noticed I had some Hostas putting on blooms.  Well I have some more on the North side of the house so I head to the gate wave at my neighbor who is deaf.  He has the cokeular implants but never wears them out to smoke his cigars so I just give him a wave and head to the hostas. 
     I hear this get down on the ground MF and MF this and I'm at the corner of the house now seeing 2 dark blue Crown Vics and Dodge pu parked the wrong way on my very busy street and a white car of some model with the basic black tires and rims no hub caps.  Well funny thing about seeing guns drawn you just go right back behind the corner of my brick house.
     I use the standard pose to alert my neighbor that guns are out and run inside to play Gladys Krantse.  They have the 2 guys cuffed now and are searching for illegal things on their person   
     Anyway they let the one guy go and take the other guys stuff with him, then they give the guy a smoke and even light it for him, cause he can't use his hands.  After the cigarette is smoked they load him up and head for jail.  Got the old juices flowing, I'm sure the guy is innocent.

It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

June 28, 2014, 09:24:54 AM
Reply #603

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well I went to pick up the Heritage last night after work and my indie was working on the front turn signal wiring that just kinda fell apart so I left it with him and will go back for it today.

If you have seen pictures of my Heritage you might notice that it has spot/fog lights and relocated front turn signals. The guy that owned this bike before me did a real poor job of wiring these items. I won't complain too loud since it has been a trouble free bike for that last two years that I have owned it but it is now time to resolve things like the poor wiring that was done when the spots were added and the turn signals were relocated.

Another thing that was noticed was I have a crack in the mini-apes at the riser. So a handlebar change will be next. This will give me the opportunity to run the wires inside the handlebars this time. The previous owner did not lengthen the wires and make it a clean look as should have been done.

When I get done with this bike I will have spent some extra cash but it will be right. I really love this old bike and won't be parting with it anytime in the future.

Second cup of coffee is being served!! 

June 28, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
Reply #604

HDBitchin

Administrator
    Had some real excitement last night, an hour before dusk.  I was out in the backyard and noticed I had some Hostas putting on blooms.  Well I have some more on the North side of the house so I head to the gate wave at my neighbor who is deaf.  He has the cokeular implants but never wears them out to smoke his cigars so I just give him a wave and head to the hostas. 
     I hear this get down on the ground MF and MF this and I'm at the corner of the house now seeing 2 dark blue Crown Vics and Dodge pu parked the wrong way on my very busy street and a white car of some model with the basic black tires and rims no hub caps.  Well funny thing about seeing guns drawn you just go right back behind the corner of my brick house.
     I use the standard pose to alert my neighbor that guns are out and run inside to play Gladys Krantse.  They have the 2 guys cuffed now and are searching for illegal things on their person   
     Anyway they let the one guy go and take the other guys stuff with him, then they give the guy a smoke and even light it for him, cause he can't use his hands.  After the cigarette is smoked they load him up and head for jail.  Got the old juices flowing, I'm sure the guy is innocent.

Hopefully that is the last time you experience that kind of neighborhood drama!  :o

June 28, 2014, 02:17:43 PM
Reply #605

rocket

kinda makes me happy after reading that......I live in a ''nice'' neighborhood..................... :-\

REALLY!!

June 28, 2014, 04:33:11 PM
Reply #606

HDBitchin

Administrator
kinda makes me happy after reading that......I live in a ''nice'' neighborhood..................... :-\

Really won't matter what the neighborhood is like. Use to have a police officer living next door to me and his comment was the crooks got wheels and they will go to the good neighborhood because those neighborhoods have better stuff to steal.  ;)

On another note, I got my Heritage back today! New white wall tires, new drive belt, new rear brake rotor, fork oil changed, brakes bleed (front and rear), new wheel bearings and etc. Also as was noted during this visit to the indie the handlebars are cracked at the riser clamp so I ordered some fatter apes as a replacement. Instead of 1 inch I went with 1.25 inch as a replacement.  Have a set of Chubby Outlawz Apes (made by Wild 1s) on order.

June 28, 2014, 05:22:11 PM
Reply #607

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Really won't matter what the neighborhood is like. Use to have a police officer living next door to me and his comment was the crooks got wheels and they will go to the good neighborhood because those neighborhoods have better stuff to steal.  ;)

On another note, I got my Heritage back today! New white wall tires, new drive belt, new rear brake rotor, fork oil changed, brakes bleed (front and rear), new wheel bearings and etc. Also as was noted during this visit to the indie the handlebars are cracked at the riser clamp so I ordered some fatter apes as a replacement. Instead of 1 inch I went with 1.25 inch as a replacement.  Have a set of Chubby Outlawz Apes (made by Wild 1s) on order.
Good thing he found the crack. Sounds like a good shop.  What fork oil did you decide on?
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

June 28, 2014, 05:46:09 PM
Reply #608

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good thing he found the crack. Sounds like a good shop.  What fork oil did you decide on?

Yes it is a good shop. He is very good at his craft. For the fork oil I went with what he uses and stocks which was Drag Specialties Fork Oil Heavy (20 weight).

June 29, 2014, 04:03:17 AM
Reply #609

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Yes it is a good shop. He is very good at his craft. For the fork oil I went with what he uses and stocks which was Drag Specialties Fork Oil Heavy (20 weight).

The Indie shop near me only carries the Drag Specialties, but I could not find any info on it so I did not use it, let us know about the ride.
Glad you will be back on the road again.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

June 29, 2014, 05:59:06 AM
Reply #610

HDBitchin

Administrator
The Indie shop near me only carries the Drag Specialties, but I could not find any info on it so I did not use it, let us know about the ride.
Glad you will be back on the road again.
The short ride home was very smooth. The street my Indie is on is in the "old town" section of Glendale and it has a few brick crosswalks and it few rough areas of road that need repair. The ride seems to be better than previous. I have more controlled dampening than before. The final test was my driveway's curb at home that I transition regularly. I know how it feels to roll up that curb and I was surprised at the more solid ride that was felt at that transition. I am going out for a short ride this morning and should have a better idea later today but my initial feeling is I think I have a better ride than before.

June 29, 2014, 09:13:17 AM
Reply #611

HDBitchin

Administrator
I am going out for a short ride this morning and should have a better idea later today but my initial feeling is I think I have a better ride than before.

Just got back from a short ride of about 50 miles on the Heritage and I am pleased with the fork oil. I would recommend this Drag Specialties Heavy Fork Oil (20 weight) at this point. I rode a very rough section of road that used to vibrate the my teeth and much to my surprise it was very smooth. Nothing like I remember it being in the past. I bought this bike used two years ago so I don't know what was in it previously but I like what I have in it now.

June 29, 2014, 09:30:29 AM
Reply #612

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Just got back from a short ride of about 50 miles on the Heritage and I am pleased with the fork oil. I would recommend this Drag Specialties Heavy Fork Oil (20 weight) at this point. I rode a very rough section of road that used to vibrate the my teeth and much to my surprise it was very smooth. Nothing like I remember it being in the past. I bought this bike used two years ago so I don't know what was in it previously but I like what I have in it now.
You had a lot changed on that bike.  I can imagine you'd spend that whole 50 miles getting reacquainted.  I think we had a thread about getting 100 miles on the tires.  Then there are the white walls  :) Just kidding.  I like the look but don't miss cleaning the things.

June 29, 2014, 09:34:41 AM
Reply #613

rocket

Had some real excitement last night, an hour before dusk. I was out in the backyard and noticed I had some Hostas putting on blooms.
which reminds me , so do I. I have a hostas that is growing really well an full! it has several  blooms poking thru, do you trim these at all? I have no idea how too maintain a healthy hostas, I transplanted this one from the backyard too the corner of the house a few years ago.....it really took off this year.......incidently I got tired of mowing it when it was in the back yard, lol.....tough plant species, glad it's a perenial. :))

REALLY!!

June 29, 2014, 09:41:13 AM
Reply #614

rocket

Being that my bike is way over twenty years old..........I snuck in red atf fluid in my forks.....she never knew the difference , rides good, and makes spotting a leak easy......talk about old school....

REALLY!!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer