November 13, 2019, 02:51:17 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1016939 times)

May 25, 2014, 12:26:47 PM
Reply #450

rocket

just got back safe an sound
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

May 25, 2014, 02:23:19 PM
Reply #451

HDBitchin

Administrator
just got back safe an sound

I take it that you didn't having the winning hand in the poker run?  :-\

And no pictures?  :))

May 25, 2014, 05:03:01 PM
Reply #452

rocket

I take it that you didn't having the winning hand in the poker run?  :-\

And no pictures?  :))
naw, I suck at poker.....I spent the 20; had a meal...and a t-shirt....I was good when I left.......never did the run, spent the day in the stealership...lookin' for a new ride....which didn't happen, still worth the 20 I spent.

REALLY!!

May 25, 2014, 05:49:20 PM
Reply #453

HDBitchin

Administrator
I like poker runs as they are a good time and usually for a good cause like yours. As far as real poker, I suck at it too. Learned a long time ago that any game of chance is not likely going to go in my favor.  :o

May 26, 2014, 04:25:07 AM
Reply #454

rocket

I only actuall participated on a few poker runs.....usually just pay the fine, er the fee and stay put; waiting on the dinner an such. good tunes , you know, the usual biker grub.

REALLY!!

May 26, 2014, 06:31:20 PM
Reply #455

TroubleHead Fred

Hope everyone had a good and safe Memorial Weekend. Just got my tired butt drug in this evening after being gone since Wednesday. We have a good local rally this time each year, this was the 26th annual. Seemed like a fair turnout just guessing I would say about 3500 but I haven't seen the numbers yet. I don't drink (heavy) often anymore so after 5 nights in a row of over indulging with beer,whiskey, moonshine,and live music all night I will be glad to crawl in my bed tonight. You know the rally motto "you can sleep when you get home". I would post pictures of all the bikes but it seems that the only pics I can find on my phone is naked women,I would have sworn I took pics of bikes but damn if I can find em'. ;)
Goodnight All...
Ride On...

May 26, 2014, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #456

rocket

cool, good for you!

REALLY!!

May 26, 2014, 09:30:59 PM
Reply #457

HDBitchin

Administrator
Summer was here in Phoenix today. High was 104 degrees!  >:D

May 27, 2014, 05:47:44 AM
Reply #458

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Well we went to good old COLO Hwy 9.  Bought poppys at this rest area just before going across South Park.  Waved 3 metrics by me blasting at about 90 maybe faster.  So I was able to let them run interference for us.  Anyway caught up to them at the turn south just before Hartzel.  and we all headed south.  This time we just enjoyed the view of the buffalo and such.  15 miles later an oncoming car blinks at us so I figure it was CHP laying the weeds.  Nope it was one of my Metrics in the ditch.  That Kid was bouncing off the walls from tumbling into the ditch.  Seemed ok but it was really hard to get the kid to take a breath.  Kid said he was going into that turn at 90 with bad bad tires.  Which I had to open my mouth about.  Bike looked fine blew sand out of the pipe when they started it all the levers were straight.  But I admit I had a feeling that that kid was not going to enjoy waking up this morning.   They were happy we stopped and wondered why nobody else did, not that there are that many cars out the on a good day.  Told them you got to stop it is the biker creed.
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.

May 27, 2014, 05:55:52 AM
Reply #459

rocket

Taking chances , everybody does......but the wiser ones do it with better equipment.

REALLY!!

May 27, 2014, 06:01:21 AM
Reply #460

rocket

Tolg my neighbor I'd throw 2 k at him for his vulcan...........prolly won't bite.

REALLY!!

May 27, 2014, 06:20:27 AM
Reply #461

TroubleHead Fred

I only actuall participated on a few poker runs.....usually just pay the fine, er the fee and stay put; waiting on the dinner an such. good tunes , you know, the usual biker grub.

This is what I do also. Even when I do enter I just kick in the fee and go do something else. Call me chickensh!t but something about riding with a large group of unknown people going from bar to bar just isn't my kind of fun.

My strategy about backfired on me this year though. During the poker run I led a another group about 30 miles up the road to a good steakhouse for lunch. As I hit the interstate exit ramp at our destination I was checking my mirrors to see if everyone was still behind me and looked back up just in time to dodge a car coming down the ramp the wrong way.They had put in a couple new round-abouts on each side of the overpass and some lady got confused and entered the exit ramp. We got her stopped and she turned at the bottom and got on the big road going the right direction but it almost got ugly, being the first bike I only missed a head-on by inches.
Ride On...

May 27, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
Reply #462

TroubleHead Fred

Well we went to good old COLO Hwy 9.  Bought poppys at this rest area just before going across South Park.  Waved 3 metrics by me blasting at about 90 maybe faster.  So I was able to let them run interference for us.  Anyway caught up to them at the turn south just before Hartzel.  and we all headed south.  This time we just enjoyed the view of the buffalo and such.  15 miles later an oncoming car blinks at us so I figure it was CHP laying the weeds.  Nope it was one of my Metrics in the ditch.  That Kid was bouncing off the walls from tumbling into the ditch.  Seemed ok but it was really hard to get the kid to take a breath.  Kid said he was going into that turn at 90 with bad bad tires.  Which I had to open my mouth about.  Bike looked fine blew sand out of the pipe when they started it all the levers were straight.  But I admit I had a feeling that that kid was not going to enjoy waking up this morning.   They were happy we stopped and wondered why nobody else did, not that there are that many cars out the on a good day.  Told them you got to stop it is the biker creed.

Glad to hear he was ok, not everyone gets a do-over.I've learned from a few(lots) of mistakes myself. Live and learn, if we're lucky.
Ride On...

May 27, 2014, 06:38:26 AM
Reply #463

rocket

ya got that  sh*t right sickpup, ....Looking to be safe is one thing......while trying to look for other stuff is down right impossible........good thing inches didn't turn into stitches or worse.

REALLY!!

May 27, 2014, 06:38:33 AM
Reply #464

TroubleHead Fred

Tolg my neighbor I'd throw 2 k at him for his vulcan...........prolly won't bite.

Cool,they seem to be a decent bike. There is a guy that rides with us that rides a Vulcan.I don't know anything about them myself but his runs good and doesn't give him any trouble.
Ride On...

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer