January 17, 2021, 12:24:31 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: HDBitchin coffee house  (Read 1292135 times)

November 26, 2020, 06:18:53 AM
Reply #10680

TD

Community Advocate
Happy Thanksgiving to all the other side of the pond!

TD 8)

You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic
Ian Hunter

November 26, 2020, 07:49:02 AM
Reply #10681

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Thanks for being my friends.   8)
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG
Like Like x 1 View List

November 26, 2020, 07:50:29 AM
Reply #10682

HDBitchin

Administrator
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

@TD
Alice’s Restaurant is a Thanksgiving tradition for me. I always listen to it on Thanksgiving. Thanks for posting it.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 26, 2020, 09:06:43 AM
Reply #10683

TD

Community Advocate
My pleasure Larry!
I've noticed that it seems to be quite an American thing to celebrate Thanksgiving with Arlo.
Why?

TD 8)
Ian Hunter
Like Like x 1 View List

November 26, 2020, 09:27:21 AM
Reply #10684

J F Go

Community Advocate
Happy Thanksgiving to all. May the Good Lord Bless each and everyone of you. God Bless the USA.
Like Like x 1 View List

November 26, 2020, 09:58:17 AM
Reply #10685

HDBitchin

Administrator
My pleasure Larry!
I've noticed that it seems to be quite an American thing to celebrate Thanksgiving with Arlo.
Why?

TD 8)
The song Alice’s Restaurant seems to touch on a bunch of topics but the larger story is about Thanksgiving. It was done in a time when the Draft and the Vietnam War was a central issue. It tells a humorous story about friends and Thanksgiving and weaves a story about having an arrest record for littering which plays into the military draft part of the story.

Even an old school veteran like me sees the humor in it.
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 26, 2020, 10:58:38 AM
Reply #10686

HDBitchin

Administrator
Happy Thanksgiving to all the other side of the pond!

TD 8)

And if you can believe this newspaper clipping it is a real story...

HDBitchin aka Tank

November 26, 2020, 11:42:56 AM
Reply #10687

bc45

Global Moderator
Everyone have a great Thanks Giving
@TD  Thanks just not Thanks Giving un till  you Hear Alice's Restaurant
Like Like x 1 View List

November 26, 2020, 02:34:34 PM
Reply #10688

rocket

The song Alice’s Restaurant seems to touch on a bunch of topics but the larger story is about Thanksgiving. It was done in a time when the Draft and the Vietnam War was a central issue. It tells a humorous story about friends and Thanksgiving and weaves a story about having an arrest record for littering which plays into the military draft part of the story.

Even an old school veteran like me sees the humor in it.
And taking place in puritan New England ...Stockbridge Massachusetts to be exact......Liberal Leftists Loonies
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

November 27, 2020, 05:50:08 AM
Reply #10689

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good morning riders!

A chilly 41 degrees here this morning. For Phoenix that is cold.
HDBitchin aka Tank

November 27, 2020, 07:51:09 AM
Reply #10690

TD

Community Advocate

I'll have to listen a bit harder then because I've obviously missed the Thanksgiving bit and just focussed on Arlo having issue with "The Man!"
I know that tinitus is bad, but really!!!!!!!!!!!

TD 8)
Ian Hunter

November 27, 2020, 08:38:37 AM
Reply #10691

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Good morning, All.  37 degrees here in the East Vally.  Coffee feels good today.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

November 27, 2020, 09:03:01 AM
Reply #10692

HDBitchin

Administrator

I'll have to listen a bit harder then because I've obviously missed the Thanksgiving bit and just focussed on Arlo having issue with "The Man!"
I know that tinitus is bad, but really!!!!!!!!!!!

TD 8)
Thanksgiving is first mentioned at 1:18 and then at 2:16 and then again at 2:50 and 6:23 in your linked YouTube video.
HDBitchin aka Tank

November 27, 2020, 10:32:52 AM
Reply #10693

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
And taking place in puritan New England ...Stockbridge Massachusetts to be exact......

Been there, but after the restaurant had been closed.  Still a sign on a building pointing down the alley to where it was.
If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate.

November 27, 2020, 03:20:09 PM
Reply #10694

rocket

Good morning riders!

A chilly 41 degrees here this morning. For Phoenix that is cold.
I'd sign up for a winters' worth  of that temperature....... 8)
ain't much to it  ''live to ride, ride to live.''

REALLY!!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer