December 19, 2018, 02:48:03 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Skully AR-1, the helmet of the future? (coming in 2014)  (Read 21950 times)

August 25, 2018, 12:02:55 PM
Reply #75

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Well I wonder if the "new" Skully Technologies is going to make good on what they said. The last press release the "new" owners made was on October 12, 2017. In that press release they said that their new SKULLY FENIX AR priced at $1,899 was to schedule for shipping Summer 2018.

Insert the sound of Crickets chirping here.  ;)

I don't know about you but it speaks volumes that they haven't made a new press release since October of last year!!

Strike two!! Hey batter batter swing!!

https://skullytechnologies.com/press/
Two Lane Highway

August 25, 2018, 12:37:22 PM
Reply #76

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
  They have a month to go before they miss the Summer deadline.  I have been very suspicious of this company under both ownerships.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Agree Agree x 1 View List

August 25, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
Reply #77

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well I wonder if the "new" Skully Technologies is going to make good on what they said. The last press release the "new" owners made was on October 12, 2017. In that press release they said that their new SKULLY FENIX AR priced at $1,899 was to schedule for shipping Summer 2018.

Insert the sound of Crickets chirping here.  ;)

I don't know about you but it speaks volumes that they haven't made a new press release since October of last year!!

Strike two!! Hey batter batter swing!!

https://skullytechnologies.com/press/

I have some concern as well based on what you have said. No updates is something that can be seen as very telling especially when you look at the past and all the other misfires from other companies that this high tech helmet market has suffered.

They have a month to go before they miss the Summer deadline.  I have been very suspicious of this company under both ownerships.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Since the principle guy, Ivan Contreras, that runs this "new" Skully also leads the motorcycle company Torrot and GasGas you would think he would be better at this than to not post any updates on their website. Their Facebook page does have recent updates but not everyone has Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/SkullyTechnologies/

By the way, I have been in contact with LiveMap and I updated their activities in this thread today...

Motorcycle Helmet with GPS Navigation Display - LiveMap

August 26, 2018, 09:12:19 AM
Reply #78

WantMore

Supporting Member
As you said, not everyone has Facebook and would expect that the progress that they are making is only being updated on that platform. It would nice to see them come to market .
Smoke em if you got em

August 28, 2018, 07:52:00 AM
Reply #79

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
It would be nice for someone, anyone to get a product to market!
Two Lane Highway

September 24, 2018, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #80

HDBitchin

Administrator
The Skully Fenix AR helmet is now shipping! Imagine that!

https://www.skullytechnologies.com/shop/skully-fenix-ar

September 24, 2018, 11:29:31 PM
Reply #81

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

Still skeptical...

October 22, 2018, 09:23:44 PM
Reply #82

HDBitchin

Administrator
The below linked article from Rideapart is a good recap of the Skully saga. They have risen from the grave so to speak.

Skully Helmets Rises From Its Grave

October 23, 2018, 08:20:05 AM
Reply #83

WantMore

Supporting Member
Well apparently the Fat Lady never got to sing.
Smoke em if you got em

October 25, 2018, 04:13:55 PM
Reply #84

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Well apparently the Fat Lady never got to sing.
I think I hear her humming!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

November 10, 2018, 09:40:43 AM
Reply #85

HDBitchin

Administrator
Next month this thread will be 5 years old. As the title/subject of the thread originally suggested the Skully helmet was to have been made available in 2014.

Well here we are in November of 2018 and this video maker (vlogger) is taking delivery of a Skully helmet. Can you and I get one now? They aren’t quite yet available. In this video the vlogger rides to the “new” Skully Technologies offices in Atlanta to pick up a pre-production helmet. In the video the helmet not throughly reviewed (that is coming) but they do run thru some of the voice command features that this helmet has.

November 29, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
Reply #86

HDBitchin

Administrator
Here is a link to an article on the micro display vendor that Skully is using on their helmet.

http://optics.org/news/9/11/37

Nice but not a HUD. My money is on LiveMap. LiveMap has a HUD design not a micro display that will come flying off causing injury.

December 02, 2018, 07:53:37 PM
Reply #87

Harley Mike

What a waste of time and money. 1800 for a helmet that I think will be more distracting than using a gps. Why do we need this? I can see folks getting into accidents because of this helmet and do you really want this thing in your helmet. Can anyone say projectile. lol
Life is short, enjoy it but don't self destruct.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.