April 12, 2021, 05:42:59 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Glock 44 review  (Read 203 times)

March 30, 2021, 08:10:31 PM
Read 203 times

bc45

Global Moderator
I had a chance to rent a Glock 44 22LR. It has been out since Dec 2019, it is the same out side dimensions as the Glock 19. except for the weight or the lack of it feels just like my model 19. trigger feels the same. It shoots good for a non competition 22LR pistol. the only problem I had with it was that the first round I tried to chamber jammed. It is possible I did not have the round properly seated in the mag. I had no other problems with the fallowing 199 round I fired that session. I was using Aguila ammo as it was the only choice the range had.
My take away is that it is a good 22LR that can be used for plinking or used as a training gun in new shooter classes, or just fun shooting.
Would I trade my Ruger MKII for one?  No,
Would I add it to my stable of 22LR? Yes 
I think it would be a good add along with my Smith and Wesson M&P 22LR for the new shooter course I teach.
https://hdbitchin.com/gallery/5/329-300321182210-50441461.jpeg
Glock 44 review

https://hdbitchin.com/gallery/5/329-300321182215-5045156.jpeg
Glock 44 review

March 31, 2021, 06:10:04 AM
Reply #1

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Nice BC, thank you.
You know, if there's one caliber that has caused more misery with shooting accidents or non accidents, it's the .22.
It is a fun plinking, varmint exterminator caliber and thus a good training caliber but when you look at the amount of human casualties associated with the .22, it's astounding.
You don't hear the anti gunners bitching about this caliber, only the look of a certain model of rifle.
- Nowhereman

March 31, 2021, 08:25:23 PM
Reply #2

bc45

Global Moderator
Nice BC, thank you.
You know, if there's one caliber that has caused more misery with shooting accidents or non accidents, it's the .22.
It is a fun plinking, varmint exterminator caliber and thus a good training caliber but when you look at the amount of human casualties associated with the .22, it's astounding.
You don't hear the anti gunners bitching about this caliber, only the look of a certain model of rifle.

the Anti gunners in Washington State  got my Ruger 10/22 on the assault rifle list because it hold 10 rounds and is a semi auto shows how much they know.

April 01, 2021, 07:07:51 AM
Reply #3

mqqn

Global Moderator
Nice piece -

I used to cringe when someone brought their own .22lr semi-auto to instruction, as they invariably would be jam-o-matics at the range, particularly on cold days.

If there were a .22lr pistol with Glock reliability that would be a real winner.

My old Colt .22 semi-auto is a good runner and the only problem I have had with it is that it is worn enough that the slide does not always lock back on an empty mag, but other than that it has been a great firing piece (purchased in '93). It is a blowback piece.

best

mqqn

April 01, 2021, 07:42:08 PM
Reply #4

bc45

Global Moderator
@mqqn  would your old be a woodsman ? those were great guns.
My old Ruger MKII is also blow back design and runs flawless I would be very hard pressed to part with it, I bought it in 1987

April 01, 2021, 10:30:06 PM
Reply #5

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Had some tidbits come in for my Tundra.
Added this today in the lower section of the console.
Magnetic and locates your semi auto real nice.
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 2 View List

April 02, 2021, 08:11:24 PM
Reply #6

mqqn

Global Moderator
@mqqn  would your old be a woodsman ? those were great guns.
My old Ruger MKII is also blow back design and runs flawless I would be very hard pressed to part with it, I bought it in 1987

Hi @bc45  -

No - mine is like this one - sorry for the vid  but I see I don't have ready pictures of mine -

best

mqqn

April 05, 2021, 03:54:05 PM
Reply #7

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I wish I had started shooting .22lr earlier.  I believe I would be more proficient if I had.  I remember the Colt .22.  A friend let me take his for a spin around the target, I recall it being remarkably accurate, even in my hands. Beretta makes the "U22 Neos" that I believe is the same gun as the Colt with a few changes in the safety and takedown method.  The Beretta also has the very steep grip angle of the Colt.  I seem to recall the Colt grip being more chubby than the Beretta and it fit my hand better.
https://www.beretta.com/en-us/u22-neos-inox/

The Colt and Beretta are so similar that this guy shows the magazines are interchangeable.

I had an opportunity to buy the Colt at a discount when I was an instructor years ago.  Hindsight, how about that?

One of my current Handguns is this little wonder.  Styled after the Colt 1911, it has all the controls in a similar location as the Colt, minus the Grip Safety.

The Sturm, Ruger & Company, 22/45 chambered in .22lr.  I attribute its amazing accuracy to it's construction.  It's a tack-driver in anyones hands!  You would have to put in a lot of effort to miss the target with this Ruger!

My absolute, hands down favorite .22s are not guns at all.  They are conversion kits.

From Top to Bottom, 1911 Full Size Target Model, 1911 Commander Length, and Glock Full size for 17/22 frames.
  There is a subtle difference in weight, more noticeable with the Glock conversion than the others, but trigger time is trigger time after all.  After owning the Glock conversion for nearly 20 years it has started to fail on extraction.  It might be time to clean it again, maybe it needs an extractor spring.  I like these kits for several reasons.
1)  They are only "Parts", therefore no paperwork or waiting periods, (I live in CA, waiting periods are 10 days).  So, they are "Cash and Carry" or, order online.
2)  You are converting your gun.  Same trigger feel, identical operation.  They lock open on an empty magazine, like they should!
3)  Cheaper than a full on gun in most cases.
4)  Less than a minute to convert back and forth.
5)  Only a little temperamental about ammo.  I prefer CCI Mini Mags, but they do work with some other flavors.  Your milage may vary.
  Kits are available for 1911's, (including some wide bodies) most Glocks, and some of Springfield Armory's XD line.  You can find them here:
Advantage Arms Conversion Kits

@bc45,

Nice review!  I would consider one if it were available in California!

Cheers,
Ferrous

April 05, 2021, 08:15:13 PM
Reply #8

bc45

Global Moderator
@Nowhereman  that looks like a great addition

@mqqn  I have never heard of that colt before. thanks for the video

@FerrousBueller I really like that Ruger 22/45, I have the earlier MKII, with the mag release on the bottom of the grip, and the grip angle is different than the 22/45 I don't think I will ever sell it. I like your collection of conversion kits.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer