April 14, 2021, 12:39:19 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: resurrect of 1994 show bike  (Read 692 times)

January 14, 2021, 10:57:02 AM
Read 692 times

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Dying to Ride has been commissioned to restore a 1994 custom that was a feature in a magazine back in 1997. Lots of damage to paint and art. As usual underneath the pretty stuff is sloppy craftsmanship, need to remake all the mounts.
Like Like x 1 View List

January 14, 2021, 12:02:23 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well they picked the right builder for the job IMO. I will be watching to see what you do.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 14, 2021, 05:59:59 PM
Reply #2

maniacmac

Global Moderator
These are the crappy rear fender mount and saddlebag mounts

January 14, 2021, 06:00:56 PM
Reply #3

maniacmac

Global Moderator
These are the new ones I fab. There a wide fake fender that gets mount to the fender and this rear tab

January 18, 2021, 03:33:34 PM
Reply #4

WantMore

Supporting Member

Watching this thread for updates!!
Smoke em if you got em

January 18, 2021, 05:28:32 PM
Reply #5

maniacmac

Global Moderator
The next step is to rewire the bike. The pictures show how I received the wiring, this will probably that more than a couple of minutes to straighten out lol. You have to attack one circuit at a time until you get them all. It's overwhelming to look at the whole system. Anti-thief, stereo, effect lighting, air suspension, and the normal stuff a motorcycle needs to run and operate

January 19, 2021, 10:00:58 PM
Reply #6

bc45

Global Moderator
Ill be fallowing along as you get it sorted out and looking like it should.

January 20, 2021, 11:11:15 AM
Reply #7

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
The next step is to rewire the bike. The pictures show how I received the wiring, this will probably that more than a couple of minutes to straighten out lol. You have to attack one circuit at a time until you get them all. It's overwhelming to look at the whole system. Anti-thief, stereo, effect lighting, air suspension, and the normal stuff a motorcycle needs to run and operate

That looks a lot like what I dealt with on my 'project' 2 years ago.  I can see why you weren't able to join us in Gila Bend last week.  😈
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

January 23, 2021, 12:46:44 PM
Reply #8

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Looking forward to the outcome!!
Two Lane Highway

January 23, 2021, 04:15:07 PM
Reply #9

maniacmac

Global Moderator
That looks a lot like what I dealt with on my 'project' 2 years ago.  I can see why you weren't able to join us in Gila Bend last week.  😈
Nope I don't let motorcycle business get the way of personnel fun I just had family business to deal with. Once again thanks for the invite and looking forward to making the next meet.

March 02, 2021, 06:20:22 PM
Reply #10

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Finished all the wiring
Winner Winner x 1 View List

March 02, 2021, 08:13:13 PM
Reply #11

bc45

Global Moderator
Nice and tidy.

March 06, 2021, 06:50:04 AM
Reply #12

mqqn

Global Moderator
Nicely done, @maniacmac  -

That sure looks intimidating!

best

mqqn

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer