April 14, 2021, 01:34:46 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: XLCH Article  (Read 864 times)

December 31, 2020, 03:40:26 PM
Read 864 times

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Hey, @01rk   I thought of you when I saw this..

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-american-motorcycles/classic-harley-davidson-motorcycles/tom-meyers-1969-xlch-sportster-zm0z21jfzbut?

Enjoy.  Ron in AZ

PS.  If the link doesn't work, try to cut and paste the link and delete any spaces in the middle..
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

December 31, 2020, 05:20:47 PM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Cool story

December 31, 2020, 09:08:27 PM
Reply #2

bc45

Global Moderator
Great story @Rider Ron

January 01, 2021, 09:39:08 AM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
My first Harley Davidson was a 1977 XLCH that I bought brand new for $3280 from Wykle’s HD in Traverse City, Michigan. I wish I would have kept it. One thing I can say is it started me off into a HD journey that still continues.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 01, 2021, 10:36:52 AM
Reply #4

maniacmac

Global Moderator
My first Harley Davidson was a 1977 XLCH that I bought brand new for $3280 from Wykle’s HD in Traverse City, Michigan. I wish I would have kept it. One thing I can say is it started me off into an HD journey that still continues.
I bet we all wished we kept all of our bikes lol
Agree Agree x 2 View List

January 01, 2021, 10:46:14 AM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
I bet we all wished we kept all of our bikes lol
I would need a bigger garage but yes you are right, I am sure we all have that wish.  
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

January 01, 2021, 11:23:02 AM
Reply #6

01rk

Retired Staff Member
My first Harley Davidson was a 1977 XLCH that I bought brand new for $3280 from Wykle’s HD in Traverse City, Michigan. I wish I would have kept it. One thing I can say is it started me off into a HD journey that still continues.

I am fairly sure my '68 xl, which a lot of you know I still have, was $1400,can't swear to it though because I swapped a '65 Impala for it. The wife was not a happy camper when I came home from work on a Harley and no longer had a car. BTW we had two kids at the time and a third on the way.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

Like Like x 1 View List

January 01, 2021, 04:17:39 PM
Reply #7

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I am fairly sure my '68 xl, which a lot of you know I still have, was $1400, can't swear to it though because I swapped a '65 Impala for it. The wife was not a happy camper when I came home from work on a Harley and no longer had a car. BTW we had two kids at the time and a third on the way.
I'm assuming you bought it without asking and then begged for forgiveness, best way lol

January 02, 2021, 08:06:01 AM
Reply #8

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Yes I bought it without saying anything. Since she is still with me after 57 years I assume she got over it.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

January 02, 2021, 09:31:47 AM
Reply #9

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Yes, I bought it without saying anything. Since she is still with me after 57 years I assume she got over it.
Yes but she hasn't forgotten, women don't forget lol.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2021 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer