December 04, 2020, 10:27:17 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: electra glide cluster and ignition issue  (Read 125 times)

November 12, 2020, 02:32:03 PM
Read 125 times

mccabe

lost power to cluster, blinkers wont turn on, bike wont fire but primes. HD said it was a pinched wire from cell phone holder after supposed repair went for a ride and same thing happened again. any help would be appreciated. 2020 Electra Glide.

Greg

November 12, 2020, 04:04:24 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Cell phone holder? Is this just hardware that screws into the switch housing assembly? Like seen in this post?

Cell Phone Gripper for Handlebar

Or does it have some electrical connection? If it is connected electrically then I would disconnect it to see if it resolves the issue and if it is just hardware that is mechanically attached to the handlebar switch housing like in the post I linked above then I would be certain that the switch housing which is like a clamshell is not pinching any wires as the HD shop said they addressed.

Is your CEL (Check Engine Light) on? If so that would indicate that a DTC error is logged and that might be helpful. You can read how to access the DTC errors that might be logged here...

2014 and Newer DTC Readout

HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 12, 2020, 05:39:27 PM
Reply #2

mccabe

Its  a bolt on cell phone, no electrical involved. no check engine light, I was riding down the road and noticed the cluster was not working, and the blinkers would not flash. when i got to where I was going I turned the bike off and no controls on my handlebars would work except the prime switch by the throttle

November 12, 2020, 06:42:03 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
If the bolts/screws for the holder are attached to the clamshell switch housing then you might want to inspect that to see if there might still be a pinched wire. Possibly the same issue and wire that HD found.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer