September 23, 2020, 10:50:04 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: American Iron Magazine Shutdown  (Read 275 times)

August 27, 2020, 08:11:54 AM
Read 275 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
American Iron Magazine put this on their Facebook page today.

Magazines were already hurting due to the way people use the internet for information. This was very predictable but sad in my opinion.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

August 27, 2020, 12:25:54 PM
Reply #1

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Hard copy magazines are a thing of the past. And that is sad IMO.

I remember when I was preteen age and I when had some money saved and I would buy a copy of either Hot Rod or Cycle World. I cherished that copy and read it from cover to cover. It was a young boy's escape to another world that I couldn't yet afford but knew I loved it and knew someday I would mix fuel with air and add spark!!

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/seven-print-motorcycle-magazines-thriving-in-the-digital-age-and-how-they-do-it

Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 2 View List

August 27, 2020, 01:00:58 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
@NoSuperSlabs

I used to also love to get that occasional magazine and like you I read it from cover to cover (over and over). I lived in a small farming community when I was growing up and it was simple things like this that made life so good.

Hard copy magazines are a thing of the past. And that is sad IMO.

I remember when I was preteen age and I when had some money saved and I would buy a copy of either Hot Rod or Cycle World. I cherished that copy and read it from cover to cover. It was a young boy's escape to another world that I couldn't yet afford but knew I loved it and knew someday I would mix fuel with air and add spark!!

Love your sentence... knew someday I would mix fuel with air and add spark!!
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

Like Like x 1 View List

August 29, 2020, 06:39:55 AM
Reply #3

mqqn

Global Moderator
Yea - sadly, this seems inevitable.

Newspapers that will survive have swung to subscription-based web sites.

Maybe interestingly, my wife and I were talking about the "news" and I think that the last time you could get reliable NEWS was when there were newspapers and your local evening news.

24 hour news and the internet have made it so, at least I, can never trust anything I see presented.

Now I will take my rake out to the curb and shake it at the kids driving by too fast....

best

mqqn

August 30, 2020, 07:59:04 AM
Reply #4

WantMore

Supporting Member
I have been a subscriber to American Iron Magazine (AIM) in the past. I am sorry to see it die. If there ever was a magazine that was on target for the V Twin motorcycle world AIM was it.

As far as the reasons, well Coronavirus has taken down many a business but the internet has killed magazines and newspapers more than the virus.
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 2 View List

September 12, 2020, 09:04:59 AM
Reply #5

bc45

Global Moderator
That is sad to hear, I also used to get the occasional copy of AIM, Buzz Kanter the Editor-in-chief was a down to earth person. 

September 12, 2020, 09:30:23 AM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
That is sad to hear, I also used to get the occasional copy of AIM, Buzz Kanter the Editor-in-chief was a down to earth person.
It is sad and as you said, Buzz is a very down to earth man.
HDBitchin aka Tank

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer