October 24, 2020, 06:40:50 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: This sounds like an expensive fix...  (Read 3049 times)

October 09, 2020, 09:53:20 AM
Reply #45

maniacmac

Global Moderator
To bad all the liberals get to miss all the fun

October 17, 2020, 05:01:34 PM
Reply #46

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

All right then, back to business.

I found some time today to have a better look at the issue.  After doing some research online and here it was sounding like an alternator problem.

This test appears to be very common and easy to do: 3-Phase Alternator...  Shane Conley

This is the connector he's referring to:

From each pin to another, and, from each pin to ground there was continuity.  I think that spells a complete FAIL.
  I also think it means a teardown of the primary to inspect the alternator and rotor to see if I need one or both.  Well, it's some progress.

Cheers,
Ferrous

October 21, 2020, 08:15:47 PM
Reply #47

bc45

Global Moderator
@FerrousBueller  sounds like you have it figured out. Waiting for your tear down report.

October 22, 2020, 09:13:57 PM
Reply #48

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
@FerrousBueller  sounds like you have it figured out. Waiting for your tear down report.

@bc45,

Parts ordering is next, pending computer time availability.

Cheers,
Ferrous

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer