May 30, 2020, 06:45:25 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Hayden tensioner  (Read 169 times)

March 22, 2020, 08:52:10 AM
Read 169 times

Screamin beagle

Supporting Member
Just a quick follow thread to my clutch hub thread. Quick refresh...while doing my crank towards the end of last riding season I found the inner spines in my clutch hub had broken some. So I got all my parts over the winter that I needed to replace. I did the screaming eagle cam plate and oil, lifters from wfo larry, new final dtive pulleys lowering my gearing to 30/68 from stock 32/66 and of course the clutch hub and new bearing. When I pulled the primary cover I found the Hayden tensioner was about 50 miles away from causing some major damage.  I feel like for once I got lucky and got out on the cheap end for a change...i went the screaming eagle manual tensioner. I haven't had a chance to ride yet. We had a few decent days but the tensioner caught me off guard and took about 10 days to get. I've heard horror stories of Hayden coming apart...never had an issue until now. I'm guessing I had about 15 to 18k on it.  Here's a few pictures.

March 31, 2020, 08:28:07 PM
Reply #1

bc45

Global Moderator
Good catch.

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer