May 30, 2020, 09:23:50 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson Reflex Defensive Rider Systems (RDRS)  (Read 269 times)

March 11, 2020, 06:05:40 PM
Read 269 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
In its entirety the RDRS consists of several components (see list below). And in my opinion they are pretty interesting additions to any motorcycle.

Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Cornering Enhanced ABS (C-ABS)
Electronic Linked Braking (ELB)
Cornering Enhanced Electronic Linked Braking (C-ELB)
Cornering Enhanced Traction Control System  (C-TCS)
Drag-Torque Slip Control (DSCS)
Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

For more information follow this link to the Harley-Davidson website.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/content/reflex-defensive-rider-systems.html
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

March 11, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
Reply #1

bc45

Global Moderator
One of the major draw back to that type of technology unfortunately is the cost. And cost of repair. Otherwise the added benefit can be very useful.   

March 12, 2020, 06:42:40 AM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
One of the major draw back to that type of technology unfortunately is the cost. And cost of repair. Otherwise the added benefit can be very useful.   
On the opposite end of the spectrum I love the simplicity of my 1995 FLSTN. 
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

March 12, 2020, 09:27:27 AM
Reply #3

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I wish there was a way to turn these feature off when you desire to do so. I like my link brakes but when I want to run the curves the way I was taught in advance GP school I can't.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

March 22, 2020, 06:45:17 AM
Reply #4

mqqn

Global Moderator
Taking all of the fun out of riding?

I was against anti-lock braking, but the last time I bombed through the dragon on my newer Concours, I found that I could go through much quicker when I wasn't feeling for the edge of braking.

Anyway - I agree with the comment on expense and complexity.

The main thing I saw there that was useful was the hold-control - that would be helpful on steep hills, but again, we have been able to control our cycles on hills to this point without the help. Notice that when he set the hold control then he started dicking around with the trip odo or something, but will this just allow people to take selfies on hills? Lol

best

mqqn
Like Like x 1 View List

March 26, 2020, 08:11:53 PM
Reply #5

WantMore

Supporting Member
Yes, as said, this takes all the fun out of riding and will be very expensive to repair years down the road.
Smoke em if you got em
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer