August 06, 2020, 03:17:14 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Safe update  (Read 1824 times)

April 02, 2020, 06:49:32 PM
Reply #15

bc45

Global Moderator
Nice job @bc45. Nice to bring something old back to life.   ^-^
Really nice rebirth of your Gun Safe @bc45  :)

Thanks it has been fun. 
It looks like I wont be able to install the lights until maybe this weekend at the earliest due to we have a extended family member that needs to be looked after for a little bit that is using the spare bed room that the safe is located in. so ill post that as soon as I can get it done.

April 04, 2020, 09:28:00 PM
Reply #16

bc45

Global Moderator
I got time to get the lights in. I got a power pack, LED lights, and a motion sensor  from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Sensky-BS010l-Motion-Sensor-occupancy/dp/B00JLB0GM6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1520172787&sr=1-18&keywords=pir+motion+sensor&linkCode=sl1&tag=t0782-20&linkId=a82

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Transformers-Supply-Output-Listed/dp/B00DKSI0S8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00DKSI0S8&pd_rd_r=R7D281BGKBE4B9X65D4N&pd_rd_w=oUCQj&pd_rd_wg=qlDgQ&

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Non-waterproof-Christmas-Decoration-Daylight/dp/B00HSF65MC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1520172705&sr=8-4&keywords=led+strip+lights&linkCode=sl1&tag=t0782-20&linkId=

the motion sensor is set for aprox 60 seconds, if you open it up and turn the screw full left it will stay on for aprox 6 min.

The LED strip has dividers between the lights that you can cut to shorten the strip if its to long

at the end of the strip it has two wires so if you need more you can add another strip.

The back has 3M tape so you can peel the paper and have a strong sticky surface.

Thes really give amazing light inside when the door is open.
Like Like x 2 View List

April 06, 2020, 08:24:09 AM
Reply #17

J F Go

Community Advocate
I got time to get the lights in. I got a power pack, LED lights, and a motion sensor  from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Sensky-BS010l-Motion-Sensor-occupancy/dp/B00JLB0GM6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1520172787&sr=1-18&keywords=pir+motion+sensor&linkCode=sl1&tag=t0782-20&linkId=a82

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Transformers-Supply-Output-Listed/dp/B00DKSI0S8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00DKSI0S8&pd_rd_r=R7D281BGKBE4B9X65D4N&pd_rd_w=oUCQj&pd_rd_wg=qlDgQ&

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Non-waterproof-Christmas-Decoration-Daylight/dp/B00HSF65MC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1520172705&sr=8-4&keywords=led+strip+lights&linkCode=sl1&tag=t0782-20&linkId=

the motion sensor is set for aprox 60 seconds, if you open it up and turn the screw full left it will stay on for aprox 6 min.

The LED strip has dividers between the lights that you can cut to shorten the strip if its to long

at the end of the strip it has two wires so if you need more you can add another strip.

The back has 3M tape so you can peel the paper and have a strong sticky surface.

Thes really give amazing light inside when the door is open.

Nice job there @bc45. Just one question that I have and I'm sure others here will want to know, who does your nails ?
 Ha,Ha,Ha. We love you man.  £~¥
Funny Funny x 2 View List

April 06, 2020, 12:31:10 PM
Reply #18

bc45

Global Moderator
@J F Go  well all this stay at home you got to brake the boredom, you got to admit it's a nice color  :)  you want me to send you some samples.

April 07, 2020, 01:36:05 PM
Reply #19

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Well, ya beat me to it, JF.  I like the color, too  Bob.   >:D
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG

April 08, 2020, 12:27:28 PM
Reply #20

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Those lights are a nice addition to your safe.

@J F Go  well all this stay at home you got to brake the boredom, you got to admit it's a nice color  :)  you want me to send you some samples.

And yes, the nail color is spectacular.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

July 30, 2020, 04:59:30 AM
Reply #21

mqqn

Global Moderator
@bc45 - great job on the safe! I just noticed the lights you put in - those are similar to the lights under our kitchen cabinets.

How do the lights attach to the transformer?

I believe this would work in my safe if I ran the lights vertically in the front two corners of the safe, as mine has a shelf at the top that would block the light.

Great idea!

best

mqqn

July 30, 2020, 06:34:33 PM
Reply #22

bc45

Global Moderator
@mqqn  I ran mine up the right side rail then across the top and down the left and the across the bottom around the door frame. the power supply has a single pin (dont know the actual name for the plug) and the timer has the corresponding single pin as the out of the timer and the light strip as well
Power supply in to the safe and the in to the motion/timer

the outr of the motion/timer and the feed to the light strip

I tucked the feed wire into the seam between floor carpet and wall carpet and the motion is close to the door frame in the picture i have it pulled out it usually is not laying where it is in the picture.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

July 31, 2020, 03:49:31 AM
Reply #23

mqqn

Global Moderator
Thank you for the extra pictures, @bc45 - I appreciate your doing that!

It looks like a nice, clean, plug-and-play install - I will look into it using your links, and I will post here if I get something going!

best

mqqn

July 31, 2020, 09:39:22 PM
Reply #24

bc45

Global Moderator
@mqqn   If your safe is bigger the end of the light strip has leads on the end for easy splicing of an additional strips of lights
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer