May 30, 2020, 08:09:34 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: 2007 Electra Glide  (Read 391 times)

February 22, 2020, 10:12:52 AM
Read 391 times

jeff grooms

My brother has a 2007 Electra Glide he lives in FLA , well he was riding last weekend and the red key on his dash came on , his speedo or tach doesn't work nor does his right front and left rear turn signal I think it is probably the security module (where is it located) does anyone have any ideas?

February 22, 2020, 11:13:55 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
The TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module) is under the seat. It will have two plugs/connections going to it, an electrical connector and an antenna connection going to it. It is usually mounted to an electrical caddy that sits on top of the battery.

You might also want to check for any DTC ogging that might be taking place. See this topic...

2004 thru 2010 DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) - DIY

HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

March 25, 2020, 05:35:30 PM
Reply #2

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Have you checked the codes? I think you will find the code, i forget the #, says loss of serial data
 pull the fuses one at a time and clean the contact points, male and female with wd40 and put them back in. The speedo and tach should work.

Get Your Motor Runnin'

March 28, 2020, 01:53:52 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
What did you find @jeff grooms ?
HDBitchin aka Tank 
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

March 28, 2020, 03:54:06 PM
Reply #4

jeff grooms

It was the fuses he took em all out clean all of em put back with dielectric grease and everything works thanks alot

March 28, 2020, 05:27:37 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
It was the fuses he took em all out clean all of em put back with dielectric grease and everything works thanks alot
Thanks for letting us know. Information as was discussed in this thread might well help others!

HDBitchin Rep (Karma) point awarded to you for giving us the feedback and root cause.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer