October 31, 2020, 11:27:08 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: AZ Vintage Motorcycle License Plates  (Read 643 times)

November 21, 2019, 08:32:11 PM
Read 643 times

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
I got mine today.  I lucked out and got the last 3, and they were in sequence.  Some of you may be aware that I have 2 1976 Gold Wings that I ride regularly.  But it's hard to believe that my '94 1500 that I bought new now qualifies.  😮  Man, but Time is flying by!!

Ron

PS.  Sorry for the sideways orientation.  The original is right.
USArmy War College '68-70, AMA, IB 1K, 2015 SR Run For The Wall FNG
Like Like x 1 View List

November 21, 2019, 09:07:25 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
I thought they used to say “Historic Vehicle” on the plate.

I was online using Service Arizona (the AZDOT website) and I couldn’t get the website to allow me to buy one for my 1995. I thought it would allow it because the renewal just came due for my 2020 plate but I guess they still consider a 95 to be 24 years old (which technically it is) as we are still in the year 2019 even though I am renewing for 2020. Maybe in January I can qualify. 

The copper looks nice! Arizona is called the Copper State for those that didn’t know.
HDBitchin aka Tank
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 22, 2019, 08:41:39 AM
Reply #2

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
You're 'right the cusp' with the '95.  Wouldn't hurt to ask.  The thing is, last time I checked the site, the historic bike plate didn't show up as an option.  And to top it off, many (most?) counter clerks don't know they are available.  I have seen them around and finally caught up with an owner and he said to go to the MVD in AJ.  So I went there and the greeter/triage gal said she didn't think they had them.  But she checked with a guy with some apparent authority and he said yes, just to ask the agent for one.  Well, the agent didn't know either but went to the cabinets and found them.  I asked how many more she had in case I wanted 2 more and she said that's all they had 👍 so don't go there.  Another problem when searching is that you have to actually show up at each branch because there are no direct lines to each branch;  just a call center and they also are clueless about this.

They cost a bit the first time but the funds go to Arizona Highways Magazine and the Arizona Historical Society.  And subsequent renewals are only $10 extra.

The car and truck historic plates have room for the words 'Historic Vehicle'.

The clerk thanked me for allowing her to learn something new.  🤠

November 22, 2019, 09:30:43 AM
Reply #3

maniacmac

Global Moderator
My copper bike had one

November 22, 2019, 01:01:07 PM
Reply #4

HDBitchin

Administrator
My copper bike had one
I remember you had one on that bike. It looked good on that bike with the copper paint and copper engine pieces that you did the Military plates with the scroll work.
HDBitchin aka Tank
When shopping for anything look for Made in the USA and save American jobs and families

November 22, 2019, 01:41:03 PM
Reply #5

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Yepper, beautiful bike!

September 22, 2020, 03:29:53 PM
Reply #6

HDBitchin

Administrator
Just ordered my AZ Historic Vehicle plate for my 1995 FLSTN!!

The plate number was assigned at the time I ordered it online and will be 7A7MA.
HDBitchin aka Tank

September 22, 2020, 05:38:23 PM
Reply #7

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Congrats, Larry, and welcome to the club...    £~¥

September 22, 2020, 06:03:33 PM
Reply #8

HDBitchin

Administrator
Congrats, Larry, and welcome to the club...    £~¥
Thanks!
HDBitchin aka Tank

October 13, 2020, 07:58:29 PM
Reply #9

HDBitchin

Administrator
My AZ Historic Plate came in today’s mail. It really is made of AZ copper and is heavy.
HDBitchin aka Tank

Like Like x 1 View List

October 14, 2020, 10:20:50 AM
Reply #10

maniacmac

Global Moderator
My AZ Historic Plate came in today’s mail. It really is made of AZ copper and is heavy.
I saved mine from the 1960 panhead copper bike

October 14, 2020, 10:32:30 AM
Reply #11

HDBitchin

Administrator
I saved mine from the 1960 panhead copper bike
That copper plate looked perfect on your Panhead/Copperhead.
HDBitchin aka Tank

Like Like x 1 View List

October 26, 2020, 08:25:53 AM
Reply #12

WantMore

Supporting Member
Congrats to all you guys riding the old iron. I am on an older scoot myself. Maybe I will get there one day myself.
Smoke em if you got em
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer