October 17, 2019, 09:02:43 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: G'DAY from OZ - The BIG ISLAND Down Under  (Read 205 times)

October 08, 2019, 06:46:01 AM
Read 205 times

frostbite

Name: Greg -
                    Retired m/cycle mechanic - forced retirement back in 1998, with busted back - the govt. pensioned me off in Jan 2001 Not Fit to Work in professional capacity - sold my 1996 FXD DYNA back in 1997 as I thought I would never ride again and I didn't until a good mate of mine finally got me to just go and buy a bike and just see how far I could manage - I sort of knew that I could still ride, but How Far or How Well I Could remained unknown ...  20 Years OUT of the Trade I Loved and away from the people and the lifestyle I ad grown up with and a second marriage break up left me in a dark place for quite a few years, but I did manage to get a few dollars for a deposit on a bike that I could afford - Yeah I know it was a Jappa but I couldn't afford another HD at the time I was Ready to Ride - so I scored a very nice VN900 Custom Kawa Vulcan - and it actually surprised the crap out of me for what it was and just how damn good they were making these things - it was a 2009 model bought in 2017 and after 20 years of not riding I managed a 250k ride home from the dealer ... Not too bad for a bloody old fart with a buggered back - mind you I had to stop several times o stretch the spine a little ...  I had that bike for 2 years and customised it a little and gave it a nice paintjob as well - I Traded it in on my 2015 XL1200 Custom that I bought in May this year, the Sporty only had 4,490k's on the clock - ridden 1,100k's a year for 4 years by the previous owner .... I have had it 5 months and done over 5,000k's on it during our winter here ... Not too bad for a now 65yr old fart .. I average around 200 - 300k's per ride every week or so ....  I just love getting another ride under my belt every time I suit up to do battle with the traffic, and sheeesh hasn't the conditions out there for bikers changed in 20 years .... Still some BAD Attitude from SUV drivers .... their problem not mine - I just get out of their way and Ride on Smiling all the way ....
Anyways, that is just a Little about myself - I do hope to Get myself one of those Screamin' Eagle Super TUNER Pro's and Learn about this EFI stiff - I MISS the Carbies on my previous bikes ...
Cheers to You All from COOMA NSW Australia -
Take Care & RIDE SAFE ...
frostbite.
'JUST RIDE' ...  forget the shit ....

October 08, 2019, 08:00:26 AM
Reply #1

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Welcome from the Desert Southwest, USA.

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

October 08, 2019, 09:49:20 AM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
Welcome to the HDBitchin Family frostbite! 

Glad you are back to riding again. Also glad you found us and joined.

October 08, 2019, 11:25:05 AM
Reply #3

TD

Community Advocate
Hi Greg,
Welcome to Bitchin' from England.
You've been thru the wars a bit mate, but I'm glad to hear that you're not letting it get to you and you're back in the saddle!!
Cheers

TD 8)
You're Never Alone with a Schizophrenic
Ian Hunter

October 09, 2019, 04:43:48 AM
Reply #4

J F Go

Community Advocate
Welcome from Maine. That is quite the story you told. Glad to hear, after all those negative issues, you found your way back to some normalcy and most importantly riding. We're glad you found us and joined. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here that are willing to help with any projects or issues that may arise with owning a Harley. Have a look around and if you have any questions please feel free to ask and someone will be along to help.We hope you drop by often and share your experiences with us. Again, welcome to HDBitchin. 8) 

October 09, 2019, 08:42:12 AM
Reply #5

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Welcome to the HDBitchin Family from N. Az.  Wind therapy is a great natural drug
CARS SUCK!

October 09, 2019, 03:31:40 PM
Reply #6

WantMore

Supporting Member
Welcome to the forum @frostbite !
Smoke em if you got em

October 09, 2019, 07:27:36 PM
Reply #7

bc45

Global Moderator
Welcome to Bitchin frostbite from Washington State

October 10, 2019, 07:06:34 AM
Reply #8

frostbite

Hey Thanks Guys - Much appreciated ....  It IS So GOOD to be Able to get on the Sporty for a bit of a blast around the country roads here - It doesn't matter how many times I travel the same bits of roads, I do mix them up a bit to break the rides up a little, going back the other way is good too ....  I have had to really jump onto the brakes a couple of times to avoid stray sheep and the odd kangaroo leaping across the road right in front of you - the ABS brakes on the Sporty work really Well, I can tell you ...  Just grazed the left hind quarter of one sheep - I thought I might be eating some mutton for dinner that evening - I will have to try a bit harder next time ....

I will do the rounds of the forum and see where I fit in so to speak - I will call in to the Dyno section as I need some advice about the Tuning Devices and which one is a good all rounder type of thing - I am thinking of a System that can be sorted out using a program of mapping changes, manually adjusting the parameters may be the right way to go, but the cost of the damn things here is a bit rude - I would like to build my own if I can get a good schematic and IF there was a DIY KIT with Parts & PCB that would be real easy to do... but I have had to make a few PCB's when I was building FX Pedals for the Guitars & Tube amps I used to build a few years ago for a bit of a hobby, but Bikes have blown them away for the moment ...  I can always get back into the Blues when I choose to ....  I do miss not being able to pick up my tele or my mini humbucker Bluescaster I built and get some Slide happening ....  Yeehahhhhhh!!!  Maybe make myself another setup one day ...

Anyway it feels good to be here with you guys & Girls, although I haven't met any of them yet...

Take care & RIDE SAFE ...
frostbite ..........
PS - What is the GO for posting Photos on the site - Any Tips/Help Appreciated .... ciao.
'JUST RIDE' ...  forget the shit ....

October 10, 2019, 08:43:59 AM
Reply #9

HDBitchin

Administrator
PS - What is the GO for posting Photos on the site - Any Tips/Help Appreciated .... ciao.
These links might help on how the forum works and how pictures are handled...

Photos

Forum Video Tutorials (How to use HDBitchin)

I see in the Sportster pictures thread you were successful in posting a picture attachment file.

The above links are geared towards using the HDBitchin Gallery. Hope they help. And if not, just ask for help. We are happy to help.

October 10, 2019, 10:49:36 PM
Reply #10

bc45

Global Moderator
@frostbite  once you the picture posting down, there is a few guitar players on here post a pick of your guitars in the hobbies post. I have a few cigar box guitars on there and others have posted a few of their guitars and other things here.
https://hdbitchin.com/index.php?topic=2233.0     

October 14, 2019, 07:28:40 AM
Reply #11

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Welcome to the HDBitchin Family @frostbite
Two Lane Highway

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.