August 21, 2019, 08:34:06 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Alarm sound only blink no sound electra glide 2001  (Read 201 times)

July 29, 2019, 02:09:33 AM
Read 201 times

bas1800

Hi i have an electra glide standard 2001 and i have a alarm sound with the keychan with button.
 I have a problem with my alarm does not sound just flash the arrows (until 2 weeks ago the siren blinked and played) what can I have disabled? why my alarm dons sound?  is there a procedure to reactivate the sound?
I have the remote control with the button
i try the procedure for reactivate sound but no found ( the procedure is wrong because is fot the no button fob)
sorry for my bad english !
thanks for all

July 29, 2019, 07:57:59 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
If you haven't already done so, the basic advice would be to check the siren's connection to ensure it is firmly connected and also check for connector corrosion.

Is this the Siren part number that you have installed?

Part Number 68317-06A

Link to the part on the H-D website...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/smart-siren-ii-security-system-pa-17-6831706a--1

That siren unit has a rechargeable 9 volt battery that needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 years. See the below link for installation information that might be helpful in understanding.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/117410?locale=en_US

Here is the link to the rechargeable battery replacement that H-D sells...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/smart-siren-battery-replacement-kit

Here is a link to a thread on HDBitchin that has a collection H-D Security System information...

All You Might Need to Know About Harley Davidson Security Systems - DIY

July 31, 2019, 12:36:52 AM
Reply #2

bas1800

i have a alarm siren mod 68958
i try change the battery but dont sound !
Is it possible that I have deactivated the siren with some code?

there is some manual to restore the sound through alarm with keychain with button
thanks

July 31, 2019, 09:13:51 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
Test the siren by putting a battery input across the pins. See of you can get it to make some noise. 

August 07, 2019, 08:55:40 AM
Reply #4

Harley Mike

good advice was given but if I may- at this point if you can't figure it out or really don't have an idea maybe get it looked at by a qualified service tech. you don't want to damage the siren and it could be a simply issue. have some qualified check it jmho
Life is short, enjoy it but don't self destruct.

August 12, 2019, 06:04:23 PM
Reply #5

WantMore

Supporting Member
What happened @bas1800 ?
Smoke em if you got em

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.