December 12, 2019, 04:32:50 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphones on a Motorcycle  (Read 151 times)

July 09, 2019, 06:24:52 PM
Read 151 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well as some of you know I sold my Electra Glide which had a radio and speakers that gave me the occasional ride with music. I am down to one motorcycle, my Heritage, and that motorcycle has never had any music option. So...

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/earphones/quietcontrol-30.html#v=qc30_black

Enter the Bose QuietControl 30 wireless headphones with noise canceling “control”.

Unlike the QuietComfort 20 headphones that are wired and provide noise canceling (note the word Comfort and not Control in the product name). The QC 30s provide you “control”. That means you can adjust how much of the road noise that you want to get through to your ears. In my opinion you need to hear some of the world that is around you when you ride a motorcycle.

I have done a few rides and have found that I like the noise control set to around 60 to 70 percent and at that setting the wind noise is managed and I feel that I can hear road noises around me well enough to be aware of my surroundings and ride safely listening to music.

As far as the music, Bose does that well. My iPhone streams over the wireless Bluetooth connection without breakup on the QC 30. Highs and mid ranges are reproduced well. Bass is heard but somewhat limited but I wouldn’t expect that bass is going to be reproduced perfectly on small headphones like these.

The Allman Brothers Band and their live rendition of “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed” from the Live At Fillmore East album sounded real good tonight!

By the way, I didn’t spend $299. I found some QuietControl 30s on eBay that were new but not packaged in the original packaging for $165. I don’t think I would have ever paid $299 for these. Finding this eBay set made the decision to buy much easier.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

July 10, 2019, 08:17:34 AM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
Thanks for the review! I use a wired set of earbuds that don’t really do very well except at lower speeds. Once I get above 50 mph the wind overwhelms the music.

This looks like a good tech solution for us non-Touring riders that would like music and ear protection. 
Smoke em if you got em
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer