June 15, 2019, 10:11:57 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: No Firearms Allowed Pursuant to ARS 4-229 (Arizona Law)  (Read 71 times)

June 09, 2019, 01:18:07 PM
Read 71 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have a AZ concealed carry permit but in AZ you can carry open or concealed without a CCP. The problem is a CCP doesn't fix everything as you encounter a lawful gun free zone or a business that has the below sign posted saying No Firearms Allowed Pursuant to ARS 4-229 (Arizona Law).

Now if you wish to honor the request of this business owner that displays the below sign you must then disarm before you walk into his place of business. Why? As a business owner he is allowed to disarm you on his property. Which means you need a means of locking your firearm up on your motorcycle.

IMO, AZ law ARS 4-229 is a bit of a stupid law that allows business owners to keep you from coming into their place of business with a firearm. But... I have talked to some business owners and can tell you that what some are trying to really say is don't open carry in their business. As I said in the beginning of this post AZ allows open carry (and concealed carry) without a CCP. IMO what that causes is idiots that carry out in the open to make a statement of shock that causes the soccer moms to be afraid. Some of these business owners don't mind that you are carrying concealed and if you are a permit holder carrying concealed you are actually trained to know the law and the use of the weapon.

IMO the AZ open carry and concealed carry without a CCP does let untrained idiots carry and that is not a good thing. If you are going to carry a firearm apply for a CCP and get the required training and know the law.

June 09, 2019, 08:27:36 PM
Reply #1

bc45

Global Moderator
In Washington if a Business can post a sign that say's no Firearms but it is not against any law if you carry into the business, they can not legally disarm you. They can ask you to leave and if you do there is no law broken and there is not a thing they can do to you. If you don't leave they can have you arrested for trespass and if the DA can make it felony trespass then you will also be charge with having a firearm while committing a felony which can carry some serious time locked up. we also have open carry with out a permit which is your right to do but I cant think of to many real reasons to do so (JMO) If you are carrying concealed properly no one would ever know but if there is another restaurant or business that does not have it posted I will spend my money at those establishments. 

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.