May 24, 2019, 08:13:19 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: AMSOIL Blog - What Should I Do With Used Motor Oil?  (Read 156 times)

March 15, 2019, 07:16:48 PM
Read 156 times

The Tank

While most motorists and even motorcycle owners pay someone to change their oil, 25% of us still crawl under our vehicles and do it ourselves. When we’re done, what do we do with the used motor oil? Follow the below link to an AMSOIL Blog on that subject.

AMSOIL Blog - What Should I Do With Used Motor Oil?

You can also look for places that accept used motor oil on Earth911.com

March 16, 2019, 09:03:29 AM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
While most motorists and even motorcycle owners pay someone to change their oil, 25% of us still crawl under our vehicles and do it ourselves. When we’re done, what do we do with the used motor oil? Follow the below link to an AMSOIL Blog on that subject.

AMSOIL Blog - What Should I Do With Used Motor Oil?

You can also look for places that accept used motor oil on Earth911.com
I thought real men drink it with their coffee lol
CARS SUCK!
Funny Funny x 3 View List

March 16, 2019, 10:53:17 AM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
I thought real men drink it with their coffee lol
Ha Ha!! Maybe @rocket knows? He is our HDBitchin Coffee House guy!

April 08, 2019, 10:35:36 PM
Reply #3

bc45

Global Moderator
Here is how a lot of oil filters get recycled.
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-happens-to-your-used-oil-filters-1820155607 

April 18, 2019, 04:59:08 AM
Reply #4

mqqn

Global Moderator
That filter recycling video is really interesting. I drain my used filters in my oil drain pan for a couple weeks before I throw them out, but I would prefer recycling them.

I do collect my waste oil and take it to a local oil recycling center and have been doing so for 25 years.

I can remember my Dad pouring his waste oil onto the alley behind the house to keep down dust.

I can also remember the oil bucket at the range where you would throw your dud rounds - when it was partially filled someone would take it behind the berm and dig a hole and dump it in.

best

mqqn

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.