May 27, 2019, 04:37:34 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods To End Gun Sales  (Read 364 times)

March 12, 2019, 10:02:12 PM
Read 364 times

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Just saw an item on the local Fox station.  Sales will end in August IIRC.  I also thought they also said they were discontinuing all hunting gear.  ?

I hope I am wrong.  I also hope they reconsider.

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

March 12, 2019, 10:09:03 PM
Reply #1

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
UPDATE:  I followed up a bit and see that this policy change is 'only' effective in 125 of 700 stores...

March 13, 2019, 06:06:51 AM
Reply #2

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Probably CA where I live...
- Nowhereman

March 13, 2019, 07:07:32 PM
Reply #3

J F Go

Community Advocate
Well I think it's because their dick's. Besides, who would want to support a company that would go to any lengths to infringe on your 2nd amendment rights ? Not me. JMO 
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 2 View List

March 13, 2019, 09:04:23 PM
Reply #4

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Agreed.

March 14, 2019, 12:16:54 PM
Reply #5

WantMore

Supporting Member
This place we live in is going to hell!
Smoke em if you got em

March 14, 2019, 06:57:47 PM
Reply #6

bc45

Global Moderator
I would not buy anything from Dick's due to what they did with so called assault weapons last year. From what i read they are stopping guns sales in 125 stores that had under performing sales to open space for more profitable products so their motive may be more profit driven. 

March 15, 2019, 08:04:06 AM
Reply #7

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I would not buy anything from Dick's due to what they did with so called assault weapons last year. From what i read they are stopping guns sales in 125 stores that had under performing sales to open space for more profitable products so their motive may be more profit driven.
I remember Dick’s assault ban last year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/dick-s-sporting-goods-will-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles-n851881

Now I hear that the court has ruled that the famlies of the Sandy Hook tragedy can sue the AR-15 manufacturer. If that is the case maybe we should sue Jack Daniels and Pabst Blue Ribbon for every DUI that ends in a injury or death. Where does it end?

https://www.abc15.com/national/court-rules-sandy-hook-families-can-sue-gunmaker-over-rifle-used-in-shooting

Please don’t get me wrong, Sandy Hook was a tragedy but this decision to sue a gun manufacturer is wrong.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 3 View List

March 15, 2019, 08:38:03 AM
Reply #8

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Agreed.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

March 15, 2019, 01:45:20 PM
Reply #9

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
One thing that always bothered me about the Sandy Hook thing.
How did that kid get the guns back into the Honda after he was dead?
And why wasn't their an investigation follow up on the two men running away from the school with guns.
- Nowhereman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

March 16, 2019, 07:08:04 PM
Reply #10

confederate

They can go belly up for all I care, and I hope they do.  It'd be a cold day in hell before I spend any of my hard earned cash there.
FXDC*SEPST*HP 81.26*TQ 88.49*Stage 1*Rinehart Exhaust*Ness Big Sucker*External Breathers*FL Air Cleaner*Leatherpros FXDXT Bags*Saddlemen Step Up Seat*Windvest**Moons MC Moonmaker*Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50*Amsoil V-Twin Primary Fluid*Amsoil V-Twin Transmission Fluid*

When Willie G. left, he took the soul of Harley Davidson with him.

March 17, 2019, 05:07:44 PM
Reply #11

biggum

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.