May 24, 2019, 07:54:16 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Where do you buy Ammo or Reloading Supplies?  (Read 173 times)

March 03, 2019, 10:50:23 AM
Read 173 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Just finished placing an order for some target/practice ammunition and thought I might start this thread and ask where do you buy ammo?

From some previous discussions here in The Gun and Powder Room area of the forum I know that we have a few members that do reloads and if you do maybe you can share where you buy your reloading supplies as well as where you might also buy new ammo when that rare occasion presents itself.

As for myself, I don’t reload. I don’t have a large collection of rifles and handguns. I own a couple hunting rifles and two handguns that I use for defensive concealed carry and home defense. My needs for ammo are mostly for practice shooting at the local range to stay proficient with what I carry.

I buy online from a company called Cheaper Than Dirt. I generally purchase a larger amount of cheap practice rounds and a smaller amount of the more expensive defensive rounds that I use for carrying.

Where do you buy ammo or reloading supplies?

March 03, 2019, 01:57:15 PM
Reply #1

GeorgeKM

I do most of my purchasing on GunBroker.com
Both ammo by the case and reloading supplies.
MidwayUSA has been my favorite for equipment.
My last cases of .223, Brownells had such a deal with discount and free shipping I couldn't help myself even though I didn't need any.
I reload all my calibers but a deal is a deal.

When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton

Like Like x 1 View List

March 04, 2019, 01:42:26 PM
Reply #2

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I buy most of my supplies from the local stores.  It's rare that I need a huge bulk purchase for reloading these days, my reloading room is still in need of a reset.  I moved here nearly 3 1/2 years ago, and I decided to do a better job of making a proper reloading room instead of half-assing everything.  It might be a while.

Besides, I like supporting the local brick and mortar shops, it makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Cheers,
Ferrous

March 06, 2019, 02:34:25 PM
Reply #3

WantMore

Supporting Member
I buy local at the gun store/range that I frequent.
Smoke em if you got em

March 07, 2019, 02:34:20 PM
Reply #4

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I have used Cheaper Than Dirt and have also purchased from Gun Broker as @GeorgeKM mentioned. I would love to know how many hours I have spent on Gun Broker’s website window shopping. Way too many!
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 1 View List

March 11, 2019, 09:00:48 PM
Reply #5

bc45

Global Moderator
I usually buy at local gun store for ammo and loading supplies. I like supporting them. when I need something special  there is a small family owned reloading and ammo store a few hrs away over the mountain in Cle Elem that has just about anything you can think of. There is just not to many of them left.

March 12, 2019, 06:20:03 AM
Reply #6

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
www.cheaperthandirt.com/category/ammunition.do
So far their specials have been good and I find most of what I want.
- Nowhereman

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.