January 16, 2019, 09:26:59 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Cerakote - A product for both motorcycles and guns  (Read 87 times)

January 12, 2019, 08:18:41 AM
Read 87 times

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
Came across this product in a motorcycle video.  It is a ceramic coating intended for weapons, comes in multiple flat colors (including camouflage) and seems intended to allow a weapon to 'blend in' with the background.  Can be professionally done or there is a kit for home application. Lots of videos on Youtube and I checked in my local area - several businesses listed.  Seems to be an alternative to powder coating and chroming.

The motorcycle video is of the exhaust system on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.  As stock it has an unfinished look but the author had the system redone in black plus had trim done to match some brushed aluminum.  The coating is heat resistant. It is sprayed on and is glossy but air dries to a matt finish.

The rider seems commercially involved here but is showing before and after images of his bike.  First 13 minutes are about the coating.  He is on a Seattle to Anchorage ride which he documents with a GoPro and his blogs.  Four parts so far and he is less than half way.  Goes by KARMAkaze Moto.

Something to consider, at least. 

Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
Like Like x 2 Informative Informative x 1 View List

January 12, 2019, 09:54:32 AM
Reply #1

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I have used this product on one of my builds. Same procedure as powder coating- different temp.
CARS SUCK!

January 12, 2019, 02:36:30 PM
Reply #2

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I have heard of this coating being used on firearms. Makes sense that you could use it on motorcycles.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

January 15, 2019, 07:41:27 PM
Reply #3

WantMore

Supporting Member
I have also heard it being used for firearms but not in motorcycles.
Smoke em if you got em

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.