March 24, 2019, 01:59:56 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: A Heartwarming Christmas Story  (Read 184 times)

December 26, 2018, 12:38:37 PM
Read 184 times

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
This will warm your heart at Christmas time...

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.

One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no actual address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read: 

Dear God,
  I am an 83 year  old widow, living on a very small  pension.  Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension payment.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, have no family to turn to, and you  are my only hope...

Can you please help me?

Sincerely, Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the
  same old lady to God.  All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.   It read:

Dear God,

How  can I ever thank you enough for what you did for  me?  Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing.

I think it might have been those bastards at the post office.

Sincerely,        Edna

Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Funny Funny x 4 Winner Winner x 1 View List

December 26, 2018, 01:09:20 PM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
Good one!  :))

December 28, 2018, 03:02:54 PM
Reply #2

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Winner!!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

December 28, 2018, 05:46:44 PM
Reply #3

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
Excellent!  Thanks for sharing ;D
Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

January 06, 2019, 05:44:56 PM
Reply #4

WantMore

Supporting Member
Funny stuff!!  ^-^
Smoke em if you got em

January 06, 2019, 05:53:09 PM
Reply #5

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Observe her hands..
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Funny Funny x 1 View List

January 08, 2019, 05:26:33 AM
Reply #6

mqqn

Global Moderator
I actually did laugh out loud at that one.

I have a couple of friends who work at USPS, so they will be hearing this one you can bet.

best

mqqn
Like Like x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.