October 17, 2019, 08:52:45 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Rolling Thunder 2018  (Read 489 times)

December 01, 2018, 09:15:58 PM
Read 489 times

Harley Mike

Here is the rolling thunder ride 2018
Life is short, enjoy it but don't self destruct.

December 08, 2018, 07:46:03 PM
Reply #1

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks for posting @Harley Mike , Rolling Thunder is something I hope to get to attend in my lifetime

December 11, 2018, 05:47:43 PM
Reply #2

Harley Mike

Thanks for posting @Harley Mike , Rolling Thunder is something I hope to get to attend in my lifetime

Id say it is something to see or be a part of You wont regret it.

December 14, 2018, 09:55:07 PM
Reply #3

bc45

Global Moderator
Just came across this the other Day next year 2019 Rolling Thunder will be the Last Year.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-12-13/annual-rolling-thunder-ride-will-end-after-2019s-event

December 15, 2018, 09:23:38 PM
Reply #4

Harley Mike

Just came across this the other Day next year 2019 Rolling Thunder will be the Last Year.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-12-13/annual-rolling-thunder-ride-will-end-after-2019s-event
Sad to see it go. Been there twice for this cause. Glad I was able to be a part of this two years in a row. Met some great people from all over the country and Canada. My understanding is residents don't like the noise and the crowds and the traffic delays plus i think money plays a role too.

September 02, 2019, 11:26:05 AM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator

Rolling Thunder has a new sponsor!!

AMVETS has stepped in to organize the Rolling Thunder First Amendment Demonstration Run, an annual Memorial Day protest and gathering in the nation's capital to increase awareness of American prisoners of war and those still missing in action. Organizers of the 31-year-old event said that 2019 would be the last run, because the associated costs were too high. But AMVETS has applied for a permit for a 2020 event May 22-24 with 50,000 participants, a podium and sound system, 18 portable restrooms, a stage and more, according to a report by ConnectingVets.com. AMVETS Executive Director Joe Chenelly said his group "is not trying to take over Rolling Thunder or their organization or other rides they plan." He said he also hopes to use the 2020 event to increase knowledge about suicide among veterans.

September 02, 2019, 02:17:34 PM
Reply #6

Harley Mike

Rolling Thunder has a new sponsor!!

AMVETS has stepped in to organize the Rolling Thunder First Amendment Demonstration Run, an annual Memorial Day protest and gathering in the nation's capital to increase awareness of American prisoners of war and those still missing in action. Organizers of the 31-year-old event said that 2019 would be the last run, because the associated costs were too high. But AMVETS has applied for a permit for a 2020 event May 22-24 with 50,000 participants, a podium and sound system, 18 portable restrooms, a stage and more, according to a report by ConnectingVets.com. AMVETS Executive Director Joe Chenelly said his group "is not trying to take over Rolling Thunder or their organization or other rides they plan." He said he also hopes to use the 2020 event to increase knowledge about suicide among veterans.

It just won't be the same at least for me

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.