November 14, 2018, 04:36:39 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: 04 Dyna Wide Glide Project  (Read 141 times)

November 07, 2018, 09:36:22 AM
Read 141 times

Trfsrfr

Well it looks like I have to start with the engine.
So right off the bat it needs an oil pump and rocker assembly's.
Anyone care to comment on these ebay parts;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DS-High-Per...d74b:rk:1:pf:0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Twin-Cam-Touring-Dyna-Softail-Cylinder-Head-Rocker-Plate-Arms/253864722617?fits=Year%3A2004%7CModel%3ADyna%7CSub model%3AWide+Glide+EFI+FXDWGI%7CMake%3AHarley-Davidson&hash=item3b1b8440b9:g:wlAAAOSw1SJbmB1v:rk :65f:0#viTabs_0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-Cam-Support-Plate-Oil-Pump-2004-Electra-FLHT-139/332815013670?fits=Year%3A2004%7CModel%3ADyna%7CSub model%3AWide+Glide+EFI+FXDWGI%7CMake%3AHarley-Davidson&hash=item4d7d521726:g:OAYAAOSwKvRbpULb:sc :ShippingMethodExpress!85138!US!-1:rk:67f:0

I'm going to try and do this on a budget as much as reasonably possible.

November 07, 2018, 11:32:21 AM
Reply #1

HDBitchin

Administrator
The links are broken and aren’t going well to whatever you are looking at. You could use a link shortening service to reduce them in size.

Or when posting use this button in the post authoring text box to assist you in inserting links in your post. It provides 2 step process that hides the long link behind a name you choose for the link.
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation

November 07, 2018, 11:53:00 AM
Reply #2

Trfsrfr

So basically the links were to a used set of rocker boxes on eBay (that link works for me) for $50.00, and a link to an new oil pump made by Drag Specialties for $150.00.

Does DS make a decent product, or are they low quality?
And is it okay to run a used set of rocker boxes?

November 07, 2018, 06:05:34 PM
Reply #3

HDBitchin

Administrator
Drag Specialties doesn’t make anything they sell. They do put their name on many products but I don’t think they own any of the designs. What they have for sale is good quality in my opinion. My favorite independent mechanics all use their stuff and I have bought a bunch of parts from them myself over the years and have never been disappointed in what they provided.

On the rocker box parts, I don’t see too much to be concerned about. New gasket kit and as long as you don’t have a warped set that is being sold to you should be ok.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

November 07, 2018, 07:33:35 PM
Reply #4

Trfsrfr

@HDBitchin - thank you for that reply. That coincides with my local HD mechanic friend, and helps with the decision.

Now that that obstacle is out of the way, you should expect more from me in needed advice soon.

They tolerate me on the dirtbike forums too  :)

November 07, 2018, 07:35:46 PM
Reply #5

HDBitchin

Administrator
@HDBitchin - thank you for that reply. That coincides with my local HD mechanic friend, and helps with the decision.

Now that that obstacle is out of the way, you should expect more from me in needed advice soon.

They tolerate me on the dirtbike forums too  :)
Ha ha! Glad to help. We are a pretty tolerant bunch here.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.