November 14, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Tires  (Read 144 times)

October 01, 2018, 03:30:12 PM
Read 144 times

Tobygolf2

Ok next question need tires on my 08 Heritage, don't plan on keeping bike long ,hope to sell next year. I found on motosport website a set of Perelli mt66 tires for $150. Does anyone know if they are any good? I do plan on putting some miles on bike while it's for sale so don't want any problems.

October 01, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
Reply #1

j f go

Community Advocate
Can't speak to those as I only run Avon's on my Heritage and Road King. 8)
Like Like x 1 View List

October 01, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
Reply #2

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have only used Dunlop tires so I have no direct experience to give you on Perelli tires.

What I will say is that going with a big name like Perelli should be no issue. They have been in the business a long time and are a reputable recognized tire manufacturer.

Some good info about tires if you haven’t already found it on the forum is linked below...

Motorcycle Tires (General Information)

And...

HD Tire Poll

HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation

October 02, 2018, 04:18:22 PM
Reply #3

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Another Dunlop rider here. But I agree with what was said, Perelli is a leading name brand so you should be OK.
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 1 View List

October 02, 2018, 09:52:24 PM
Reply #4

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Any brand named tires is reputable but if you want 10 different opinions just ask ten different people. Tires are a personal choice depending on your needs and habits
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

October 03, 2018, 06:06:20 AM
Reply #5

Nowhereman

I've has a god number of brands throughout my riding life and there's one that I come back too.
I don't care about mileage, just performance at all times and any condition I might ride into or out of.
Avon is the tire that keeps going back on my scooters.
The rest kind of get piled on the heap for 2nd thru whatever place.
The cheapest insurance you'll ever pay for is Avon
- Nowhereman
Agree Agree x 1 View List

November 07, 2018, 06:58:45 PM
Reply #6

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Dunlop here also and have been happy with the ride for many different rides.
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 STAGING, 2017 ASST STAGING, 2018 STAGING LEADER

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.