November 14, 2018, 09:03:14 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: REVER GO Beacon Testing  (Read 1834 times)

August 22, 2018, 05:41:16 PM
Reply #30

HDBitchin

Administrator
Ride home on the Heritage tracked!

The ride home was tracked. The GO beacon was in the Bluetooth microphone case and I had the REVER App running with “Always” selected. My start point was green on the map. Put phone in my front jean pocket. Rode away and when I got home I had a completely tracked ride.

The mileage for the total ride was about 4 miles too high showing 13 but should have been 9 miles total. The max speed shows 112 mph and average read 67 mph. Both wrong. The max speed on the ride should have been around 70 mph and the average lower but I wouldn’t hazard a guess.
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation

August 23, 2018, 02:42:01 PM
Reply #31

HDBitchin

Administrator
Had an odd thing happen this morning. I left the motorcycles in the garage and took the car to work. As I just started driving away from the house I got a text message that said REVER was tracking my ride. I didn't give much more thought to the fact that it was trying to track me since as I distanced myself away from my two motorcycles parked in the garage I thought that very quickly the REVER app would see the loss of the GO beacon that wasn’t traveling with me in the car. I got to work and went about my business. About 2 hours later I felt the phone in my pocket was rather warm. Opened up the phone and noticed that the 6:24 AM departure of me in the car was still being tracked 2 hours later. It was a continuous ride from my home to work and some walking around the office area. I did not save the ride.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

August 23, 2018, 03:04:32 PM
Reply #32

j f go

Community Advocate
That's a bit strange, don't ya think ? Why would it do that ? Just wondering. ^*?

August 23, 2018, 04:08:25 PM
Reply #33

HDBitchin

Administrator
That's a bit strange, don't ya think ? Why would it do that ? Just wondering. ^*?
My thought would be that the App messed up. It was not a manually started session. It was a tracking session that started automatically by seeing the REVER GO that was sitting on the motorcycle as I walked past it to get into the car.

As I drove away from the house in the car I got a text message that said a tracking session had begun and a push notification on my phone that the session had been initiated by REVER GO. It should have ended the tracking when it saw that the Beacon was not traveling with me in the car. Instead it continued to track a ride that was initiated by the GO Beacon that was no longer in range. Since it started the tracking based on the GO Beacon when it lost contact with the Beacon the app should have ceased tracking but the App continued tracking.   
HDBitchin aka Tank 

August 23, 2018, 04:25:23 PM
Reply #34

j f go

Community Advocate
That's just weird. Twilight Zone weird. &{
Agree Agree x 1 View List

August 28, 2018, 08:12:44 AM
Reply #35

HDBitchin

Administrator
Rode the Heritage to work this morning. Had the beacon inside the microphone case. The app was turned on and left operating in the background (Standby). The app was set to “always” for location services.  Ride was  automatically tracked but distance was more that it should have been with 19.4 miles showing for total ride when it should have been just 12 miles. Also the max speed showed 96 mph and the average showed 45 mph. The max should have been 45 mph and average obviously something maybe around 30 mph.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

August 28, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
Reply #36

j f go

Community Advocate
Rode the Heritage to work this morning. Had the beacon inside the microphone case. The app was turned on and left operating in the background (Standby). The app was set to “always” for location services.  Ride was  automatically tracked but distance was more that it should have been with 19.4 miles showing for total ride when it should have been just 12 miles. Also the max speed showed 96 mph and the average showed 45 mph. The max should have been 45 mph and average obviously something maybe around 30 mph.
They have some bugs to get rid of for sure.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

August 28, 2018, 05:21:47 PM
Reply #37

HDBitchin

Administrator
The ride home tracked fine. On this ride I started out with the app not operating in the background or in a standby condition but it rose to the challenge and the Beacon triggered the app to track the ride.

On the high mph and extra mileage issue, I see that somehow the app was set to kilometers instead of miles. I know I didn’t change that setting so somehow the app did.   
HDBitchin aka Tank 

August 31, 2018, 09:08:38 AM
Reply #38

HDBitchin

Administrator
Rode the Electra Glide to work today. The REVER app failed to track my ride but I did receive 7 start of ride text messages.

The GO beacon was in the Bluetooth microphone case that I have previously shown in this thread.
HDBitchin aka Tank 
Timely Information  Timely Information  x 1 View List

August 31, 2018, 04:09:24 PM
Reply #39

HDBitchin

Administrator
Rode the Electra Glide to work today. The REVER app failed to track my ride but I did receive 7 start of ride text messages.

The GO beacon was in the Bluetooth microphone case that I have previously shown in this thread.
On the ride home I got 5 start of ride texts and the app did not track/record the ride.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

September 05, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Reply #40

HDBitchin

Administrator
I think last week on Thursday I got a marketing email from REVER that announced the REVER GO auto-tracking beacon was now available as free. The beta testing must be closed out now.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

September 16, 2018, 10:44:26 AM
Reply #41

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I think last week on Thursday I got a marketing email from REVER that announced the REVER GO auto-tracking beacon was now available as free. The beta testing must be closed out now.
I have spoken with the owner about them being a Supporting Vendor. They also own Butler Maps (a motorcycle map company).
I think they need to become a sponsor. You have done some good beta testing for them and have promoted the app in the below thread.

REVER Motorcycle Trip Planner and Tracker (Coupon and New HDBitchin Community)

Come on #REVER

Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.