November 19, 2019, 06:04:07 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson is Changing - New Motorcycles and New Vision  (Read 1083 times)

August 19, 2018, 05:50:59 AM
Reply #15

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
I hear ya.  Sometimes it takes me a long time to "shift gears".

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Like Like x 1 View List

August 19, 2018, 08:34:29 AM
Reply #16

HDBitchin

Administrator
I am an old dog that does not learn new tricks well, I believe in sticking with what brung ya!
I hear ya.  Sometimes it takes me a long time to "shift gears".

Ron
Change is a constant. But I think HD is preserving the past well and also carrying the past forward.

August 19, 2018, 07:02:31 PM
Reply #17

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
I agree!  I'm liking what they're doing!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2020 TEAM LEADER
Agree Agree x 2 View List

August 23, 2018, 03:59:16 AM
Reply #18

mqqn

Global Moderator
I wonder what the reaction to the '36 OHV was when they came out with that newfangled contraption.

Technology must move forward, at least in parallel with the traditional stuff. It would be a very tough balance for any company to have such a long tradition that has been the bread and butter of the sales, and then face a complete shift in the buying demographic, which may or may not hold patronage for the traditional products.

With the recently announced 19's, the styling of the new stuff is quirky (FXDR), but they still have the Low Rider and the heritage-looking softtail, albeit you cannot get them in a traditional twin-shock configuration.

Time will tell, but at these prices, they'll be old used bikes before I will own one.

best

mqqn
Agree Agree x 3 View List

February 12, 2019, 06:20:52 PM
Reply #19

HDBitchin

Administrator
Harley-Davidson just recently filed some design documents with the Europeon Union Intellectual Property Office on their new designs that are talked about in this thread, the Streetfighter, the Custom 1250, and the Pan America 1250.

Follow this link for more information...

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/305074/harley-davidson-streetfighter-adv-patent-images/

February 13, 2019, 11:49:42 AM
Reply #20

WantMore

Supporting Member
I am looking forward to what Harley-Davidson is doing with these new designs. Lots of doom and gloom predictions for H-D out on the Internet these days but does anyone really believe that shit?
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 View List

March 03, 2019, 09:09:36 AM
Reply #21

confederate

Though my opinion most likely won't be popular, this is the way I see things.  The moco needs to be straight forward addressing the transmission fluid migration and sumping issues with the m8 touring lineup.  These are their money makers.  3 model years in and they still have not found a definitive cause and solution to these issues.  Hell, you'd be hard pressed just to get an acknowledgement these issues even exist.  No doubt the johnny come lately and keep up with the jones types will still buy these new bikes, but in the big picture, they are losing sales because most folks who are paying attention, just don't have the confidence these bikes are reliable and worth the money.  Used bikes are also taking away from new bike sales.  Why buy new when you can buy a sweet low mileage garage queen for much less?  The way they are handling and denying warranty issues because of the use of aftermarket parts is also impacting new sales.  Part of the fun of buying and owning a Harley is making it your own and different from everyone else's.  Something else to consider is the focus on a virtually non existent millennial customer at the expense of the loyal customers who have been buying Harley's for decades.  Generally speaking, most millennials don't care about riding motorcycles nor driving for that matter, hence the popularity with ride sharing companies like uber and lyft.  They are a technology craving generation who simply can't be without their smart phones.  Harley most certainly won't be confused with technology.  Regarding new upcoming models, several years ago they announced the livewire and now we are seeing it's specs and pricing.  Holy cow, what a swing and miss.  Not to mention, they will have their work cut out for them with the street fighter and pan american bikes.  They are entering into a realm where there are other manufactures who excel in these types of bikes.  Their only chance here is to be competitive on price because we know they won't be competitive in performance.  In the past, the moco was the best at keeping new models secret.  I believe this was done to calm their shareholders to whom they are beholden.  This will be another epic failure following the entry level street line, m8 touring line, and the hideous outrageously priced fxdr.  Reviewing their stock performance over the last 5 or so years is very telling.  You can only raise prices to offset fewer sales so much.  I've said this before elsewhere, in 10 years or less, the moco will be massively downsized, sold, or bankrupt.  These opinions are from someone who was born into a family that have owned and ridden Harley's for several generations.  I love the bikes, always have, always will.  But what the hell do I know???  I'm just a truck driver.     
FXDC*SEPST*HP 81.26*TQ 88.49*Stage 1*Rinehart Exhaust*Ness Big Sucker*External Breathers*FL Air Cleaner*Leatherpros FXDXT Bags*Saddlemen Step Up Seat*Windvest**Moons MC Moonmaker*Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50*Amsoil V-Twin Primary Fluid*Amsoil V-Twin Transmission Fluid*

When Willie G. left, he took the soul of Harley Davidson with him.

November 05, 2019, 03:18:51 PM
Reply #22

HDBitchin

Administrator
New videos released today about the new models coming in 2021. The Pan American 1250 and the Bronx 975.

Here is a related thread on the forum about the motors that these new models will have...

Harley Introducing a New Water Cooled Engine In 500cc, 750cc, 975cc, and 1250cc

November 05, 2019, 06:30:42 PM
Reply #23

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I think I need to add a Pan American to my stable
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 1 View List

November 05, 2019, 06:44:16 PM
Reply #24

HDBitchin

Administrator
I think I need to add a Pan American to my stable
It is nice!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer