December 19, 2018, 02:44:15 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Pennsylvania To Vote on Making HD the State Motorcycle  (Read 283 times)

July 08, 2018, 09:46:02 PM
Read 283 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Well as you might know States have various things that they identify as State this or that like a state flower and a state bird but Pennsylvania is working on a Bill that if passed would make Harley Davidson the State Motorcycle.  See the below linked story for more information.

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2018/07/06/harley-davidson-would-pa-state-motorcycle-under-bill/762761002/

As you might know the largest HD factory is located in York PA so you can see why this legislation is moving along.

July 09, 2018, 04:11:40 AM
Reply #1

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Pennsylvania's state legislature is as dysfunctional as the US government I am surprised they may be able agree on this.
As I stated on the tariff thread H D has a fiscal responsibility to it's share holders, I don't like the decision to build offshore, but I understand it.
H D sales are in the toilet, if something is not done soon to spur sales they may go the way of the dodo bird, adding $2000 to each motorcycles price will not motivate anyone in Europe to buy a new harley, neither will naming it the state motorcycle.

Get Your Motor Runnin'

July 09, 2018, 02:16:59 PM
Reply #2

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Now that is different. I would think that they have more pressing issues to work but I guess not.
Two Lane Highway

July 10, 2018, 03:29:00 PM
Reply #3

WantMore

Supporting Member
Unbelievable!  :o
Smoke em if you got em

July 11, 2018, 11:06:28 AM
Reply #4

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Now that is different. I would think that they have more pressing issues to work but I guess not.
Pressing issues nah! Pa. has some of the worst roads in the USA, the bridges are crumbling, schools are falling apart and in Bucks County we have some of the most polluted air in the country. What pressing issues?
Let's do a feel good thing and name HD the state mc.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

Sad Sad x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.