September 21, 2018, 08:01:18 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Why start a Harley Davidson forum?  (Read 584 times)

April 08, 2018, 10:49:12 AM
Read 584 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
Why start a Harley Davidson forum?

When I started this place many riders at the time thought I was crazy for starting another Harley Davidson forum when there was already "enough" HD Forums on the internet. If you go by that thinking that "enough" means that it can't be improved on, then you need to think again.

On November 15, 2013 the idea for this forum was born and we took our first steps. On that day a new domain name for a new and unique Harley Davidson forum took its place on the internet. At the time, there were already several Harley Davidson forums to choose from. Why start another? To do it our unique way. To do it better. To do it safer.

As we say… HDBitchin, a unique Harley Davidson Online Community and Technical Forum

The above has been what you might call our tagline and I think we live up to what it says. We have a strong technical membership and on the community side we have no cliques. Everyone is an equal here. I am especially proud of the “community” part of that tagline. We have that here, a community of likeminded riders that respect each other. Ahh yes, that word, Respect...

Long ago when we first started I was asked where our rules page was, my response was “we don’t have a rules page, but we do have one unwritten rule, respect”. The forum has run well on that one unwritten rule of "respect". It must be working since we have never had to babysit members. Our Moderators and Community Advocates are riders that contribute technical help and build the community in positive ways, rather than enforce rules. Most of the thanks goes to you, the members for always abiding by that one rule, Respect.

My thanks to everyone! You make this Harley Davidson forum unique.

Besides all that we run a safe and secure forum that no one should worry about. Here is some of what we do to ensure that you are safe when visiting HDBitchin...

1) In February of this year we migrated to our own private server

2) We run our server behind a WAF (Web Application Firewall) protecting us from Denial of Service (DoS), Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Remote / Local File Inclusion (RFI/LFI), SQL Injection (SQLi) & other Software Vulnerabilities

3) We have two HTTPS certs (one on the WAF level and one on the server level)

4) We use DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions)

5) We always install the latest release of our forum content management software from SMF and any software plugins that are incorporated into the forum

6) We have nightly automatic backups of the entire forum

7) We have nightly automatic deep scans of the entire forum's content for malware and viruses

We have lots of room for new members so tell a riding friend about HDBitchin.

As the Motel 6 tagline says...

We'll leave the light on for you.

HDBitchin, a unique Harley Davidson Online Community and Technical Forum
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation
Like Like x 2 View List

April 08, 2018, 01:05:48 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
You did a great job! In my opinion there is only one Harley Davidson forum on the internet, this one, HDBitchin.
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

April 08, 2018, 02:53:45 PM
Reply #2

rigidpanman

Excellent

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Agree Agree x 3 Like Like x 1 View List

April 09, 2018, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #3

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
We do have a great community. That is what I like the most about it. Great forum.

Now we just need all these members to speak up a bit more. You must be tired of hearing me comment on everything by now!!  ^-^
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 2 View List

April 10, 2018, 10:16:45 AM
Reply #4

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Thanks again, Larry

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)
Agree Agree x 2 Like Like x 2 View List

April 10, 2018, 03:19:35 PM
Reply #5

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
I'd like to add that I have had the pleasure of applying several posts and videos supplied by Tank to further my experience and save some $$.  The members adding their tips and tricks help all of us and we love all the pictures!  Thanks all you guys and gals!  It's the site that makes us feel a part of something!  Some of us are quiet by nature!  We like the fact that some of you give more!  We'll chime in whenever the mood strikes!  But it's all interesting and friendly!  Dare I say Family?  I'm comfortable here!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 STAGING, 2017 ASST STAGING, 2018 STAGING LEADER
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 3 View List

July 09, 2018, 02:31:55 PM
Reply #6

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I'd like to add that I have had the pleasure of applying several posts and videos supplied by Tank to further my experience and save some $$.  The members adding their tips and tricks help all of us and we love all the pictures!  Thanks all you guys and gals!  It's the site that makes us feel a part of something!  Some of us are quiet by nature!  We like the fact that some of you give more!  We'll chime in whenever the mood strikes!  But it's all interesting and friendly!  Dare I say Family?  I'm comfortable here!
It is like a family. Agree!
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

July 09, 2018, 03:33:57 PM
Reply #7

HDBitchin

Administrator

It is like a family. Agree!
That is was what we wanted!
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation
Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.