September 19, 2018, 06:18:07 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Too Broke for Sturgis 2018  (Read 9822 times)

April 05, 2018, 09:05:16 AM
Reply #60

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

For those that are interested, their is only 8+ weeks until the 2018 Too Broke For Sturgis Event in Arizona. http://www.toobrokeforsturgis.com/

If you're thinking that I might be anxious to go, well, you would be right!  This would be my 3rd "TBFS" event, I don't expect it will be my last!  I'm still stunned by the beauty of Arizona, and the event itself is a nice, low key gathering that I enjoy.

Further more, @Princess Bueller and I will have some news to share, and stories to tell.  (Full disclosure here, some stories may not be completely true.)

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Funny Funny x 1 View List

April 05, 2018, 10:03:06 AM
Reply #61

HDBitchin

Administrator
I am going!
HDBitchin aka Tank 
AMA Member- Click Here to Join
A Business Member of ABATE of AZ
Member of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation

April 05, 2018, 10:35:28 AM
Reply #62

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
I am going!

For a day ride, or, will you spend an evening there?

We are planning to arrive Friday & leave Sunday morning.

Cheers,
Ferrous

April 05, 2018, 05:51:24 PM
Reply #63

HDBitchin

Administrator
@FerrousBueller

I will be spending two nights. I tried to reserve a room at the Lodge but they are sold out. So I will be reserving a room out near the I-17. No tent for me. Plan to spend the daytime with all you bikers.  :)
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 05, 2018, 09:06:52 PM
Reply #64

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
@FerrousBueller

I will be spending two nights. I tried to reserve a room at the Lodge but they are sold out. So I will be reserving a room out near the I-17. No tent for me. Plan to spend the daytime with all you bikers.  :)

@HDBitchin,
  Sorry about the Lodge falling through, glad to hear you're coming!  We will see you soon!

Cheers,
Ferrous

April 05, 2018, 09:12:35 PM
Reply #65

HDBitchin

Administrator
  @HDBitchin,
  Sorry about the Lodge falling through, glad to hear you're coming!  We will see you soon!

Cheers,
Ferrous
I am looking forward to it!!
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 06, 2018, 07:23:05 AM
Reply #66

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I'll be there, it's the last of old school rallies. I wake-up in the mourning to fresh air with my 1000 best friends I just meet the night before lol.
CARS SUCK!

April 06, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
Reply #67

HDBitchin

Administrator
Who wants to share a 2 bedroom Bed and Breakfast suite? I have reserved a two bedroom suite at the Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins. It is out near I-17 on Lake Mary Road.

Check in is Friday, June 08, 2018, 3:00 PM and check out is Sunday, June 10, 2018, 11:00 AM

Here is a link to the description of Suite 24 which is what I have reserved...

https://www.arizonamountaininn.com/accommodations/bed-breakfast/suite-24/

Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins
4200 Lake Mary Road
Flagstaff, AZ  86001
(928)774-8959 / (800)239-5236
www.arizonamountaininn.com

The price for the two nights was $291.60. Splitting the cost would mean someone paying me $145.80. It is a nice place and it is not far from Too Broke For Sturgis campground at Mormon Lake. One bedroom has a King size bed and the other has a double which I would be willing to take as I am traveling alone so a double bed suits me just fine.

Description from the website for Suite 24...

This is a newly-remodeled two-bedroom suite located on the 3rd floor of the Inn. One room features a king-size bed and the other a double bed. Each bedroom has a private vanity and a door leading to the powder room.

Suite 24 also has a cozy sitting area with a flat-screen TV and DVD player, as well as an additional twin-size bed tucked in a dormer.

All suites include a nice continental breakfast each morning.

This suite can accommodate up to 4 adults.

As said it also has an additional twin-size bed tucked into a dormer. If someone wanted that it could reduce the cost even further. If you look at the pictures that dormer wouldn't have the privacy but it looks comfortable.

Let me know if you are interested.

@FerrousBueller
@Princess Bueller
@AbueloBill
@Rider Ron
@maniacmac
@r_k_dragon
@Webbtron
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 06, 2018, 06:10:04 PM
Reply #68

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
Who wants to share a 2 bedroom Bed and Breakfast suite? I have reserved a two bedroom suite at the Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins. It is out near I-17 on Lake Mary Road.

Check in is Friday, June 08, 2018, 3:00 PM and check out is Sunday, June 10, 2018, 11:00 AM

4200 Lake Mary Road
Flagstaff, AZ  86001

The price for the two nights was $291.60. Splitting the cost would mean someone paying me $145.80. It is a nice place and it is not far from Too Broke For Sturgis campground at Mormon Lake. One bedroom has a King size bed and the other has a double which I would be willing to take as I am traveling alone so a double bed suits me just fine.

As said it also has an additional twin-size bed tucked into a dormer. If someone wanted that it could reduce the cost even further. If you look at the pictures that dormer wouldn't have the privacy but it looks comfortable.

@FerrousBueller
@Princess Bueller
@AbueloBill
@Rider Ron
@maniacmac
@r_k_dragon
@Webbtron

@HDBitchin,
  The Princess and I will not be able to take advantage of your offer.  We have a less elaborate, simple-minded plan, (although it is a good one).
  Thank You for the invitation!

Cheers,
Ferrous

April 06, 2018, 06:16:36 PM
Reply #69

HDBitchin

Administrator
  @HDBitchin,
  The Princess and I will not be able to take advantage of your offer.  We have a less elaborate, simple-minded plan, (although it is a good one).
  Thank You for the invitation!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully someone will want to use the second room. If not I will sleep in the Double bed the first night and the King bed the second night! Have to get my money’s worth!  ^-^
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 06, 2018, 07:19:53 PM
Reply #70

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator

4200 Lake Mary Road
Flagstaff, AZ  86001

@FerrousBueller
@Princess Bueller
@AbueloBill
@Rider Ron
@maniacmac
@r_k_dragon
@Webbtron
I'm not sure I can make it back by then, but if I do and you still have room!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 STAGING, 2017 ASST STAGING, 2018 STAGING LEADER

April 06, 2018, 07:28:25 PM
Reply #71

HDBitchin

Administrator
I'm not sure I can make it back by then, but if I do and you still have room!
I assume you are referring to the RFTW which is May 16 - 25. Ride safe!!
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 08, 2018, 04:39:45 PM
Reply #72

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
I assume you are referring to the RFTW which is May 16 - 25. Ride safe!!

I am and we have several rides to cover on the way back plus at least one day w/family in NC!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 STAGING, 2017 ASST STAGING, 2018 STAGING LEADER

April 08, 2018, 05:26:19 PM
Reply #73

HDBitchin

Administrator

4200 Lake Mary Road
Flagstaff, AZ  86001

@FerrousBueller
@Princess Bueller
@AbueloBill
@Rider Ron
@maniacmac
@r_k_dragon
@Webbtron

@AbueloBill
@Rider Ron
@maniacmac
@Webbtron
@bobosoftail

No interest? As said it has a third bed (a twin-size) in a dormer and if we filled that bed the price would come down lower.
HDBitchin aka Tank 

April 08, 2018, 05:40:25 PM
Reply #74

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
Put me down as a 'possible'.  Wifey thinks it would be a great idea to go.

Have two trips just before and a big one just after so TBFS may not work.  Won't know until later, mid May perhaps.

If others decide to go and I'm bumped out, thats fine.  I just can't commit right now.
"Keep your cotton pickin' hands off my gin." - Eli Whitney

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2018 All rights reserved.