January 18, 2020, 05:10:32 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Fruitcake  (Read 8836 times)

December 22, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
Reply #45

HDBitchin

Administrator
  Sounds like you need to find another grocery store, no one deserves that kind of negativity in their life!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Ha ha!! I agree! We have a reason to visit another grocery store tomorrow. Wish us luck!!  ;D

December 23, 2017, 12:24:09 PM
Reply #46

HDBitchin

Administrator
The wife just called and she said that Walmart was sold out of Fruitcake!!  {=

December 23, 2017, 04:37:33 PM
Reply #47

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
The wife just called and she said that Walmart was sold out of Fruitcake!!  {=
I feel your pain. I couldn't find one at the grocery store today.  :(
Two Lane Highway

December 23, 2017, 05:12:54 PM
Reply #48

HDBitchin

Administrator
Eureka!! My wife called and she has found a small fruitcake!! This was the 3rd grocery store.

Fry's - No Fruitcake
Walmart - No Fruitcake
Safeway - FRUITCAKE!!!

Now if only she can get out of the store without someone stealing it!! Pictures to be posted soon!!   ^-^

December 23, 2017, 05:49:52 PM
Reply #49

HDBitchin

Administrator
We have fruitcake! Pictures below!

December 23, 2017, 05:54:55 PM
Reply #50

J F Go

Community Advocate
  Sorry Mrs Wesson, that you had to look at that. LOL.
Funny Funny x 4 Love It!! Love It!! x 1 View List

December 23, 2017, 06:31:35 PM
Reply #51

Webbtron

Global Moderator
I can't see those fruitcake pics on Tapatalk.     They must be obscene. Hahaha!
Now I can see them, false alarm
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 3 View List

December 23, 2017, 08:08:57 PM
Reply #52

WantMore

Supporting Member
I love this forum!! You guys crack me up!!  ;D  :))  £~¥
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 5 Funny Funny x 1 View List

December 24, 2017, 07:33:56 AM
Reply #53

J F Go

Community Advocate
I love this forum!! You guys crack me up!!  ;D  :))  £~¥
  Just goes to show ya that there are a few fruity folks here, LOL. This thread certainly took on a life of it's own and it brought in people that probably would have never got onto a hd forum. Thank you @FerrousBueller, and The Princess, for getting our attention. And for some of us, some memory's from Christmas past, were realized. :)
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 2 View List

December 24, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
Reply #54

Webbtron

Global Moderator
I got a feeling that @FerrousBueller is letting that last piece dry out on purpose so he can bath it in Brandy.  I think it could be a lost scene "The Christmas Story"  Merry Christmas
It was then I knew I'd had enough, Burned my credit card for fuel.   Headed out to where the pavement  turns to sand.  With a one-way ticket to the land of truth  And my suitcase in my hand. How I lost my friends I still don't understand.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 Love It!! Love It!! x 1 View List

December 24, 2017, 10:28:11 AM
Reply #55

Princess Bueller

Supporting Member
Feeling a little guilty at the store buying a peach pie and whipped cream. Gotta make the rest of the family happy. Wondering what else is a traditional favorite? I miss my grandmothers plum pudding.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve and thanks for posting!
The best memories begin with the most crazy ideas...
Like Like x 4 View List

December 24, 2017, 10:53:18 AM
Reply #56

Webbtron

Global Moderator
Feeling a little guilty at the store buying a peach pie and whipped cream. Gotta make the rest of the family happy. Wondering what else is a traditional favorite? I miss my grandmothers plum pudding.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve and thanks for posting!
Well I can help with that, yesterday I bought a pumpkin pie over Deb's objection, "I've bought the stuff and it doesn't take that long to make"  I know she is going to have enough to do so I bought the pie and she got past it quickly.  Merry Christmas Princess Bueller
Like Like x 4 View List

December 24, 2017, 11:22:31 AM
Reply #57

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
  Just goes to show ya that there are a few fruity folks here, LOL. This thread certainly took on a life of it's own and it brought in people that probably would have never got onto a hd forum. Thank you @FerrousBueller, and The Princess, for getting our attention. And for some of us, some memory's from Christmas past, were realized. :)

I am happy to see this thread take off like it has, lots of real good chuckles in here!

I got a feeling that @FerrousBueller is letting that last piece dry out on purpose so he can bath it in Brandy.  I think it could be a lost scene "The Christmas Story"  Merry Christmas

Dammit!  Wish I had thought of that!  Sometimes, I'm just not the brightest bulb on the tree!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 Funny Funny x 2 View List

December 24, 2017, 08:05:33 PM
Reply #58

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
Actually, Ferrous, we are great friends of fruitcakes.

Kathy and I make a double batch about every other year, when we can find the radiant mix at the grocery.  We make several sizes and share the smaller ones with a few epicurean friends who appreciate the finer things in life.  This year we found some semi-exotic dried fruits at a middle eastern grocery and added chopped papaya and kiwi, both were excellent. 

She and I then enjoy the fruitcake throughout the year, lightly heated and topped with whipped cream.  If they ever dry out, however slightly, we top with a bit of brandy.  This restoration works every time. 

Regards,
Abuelo

Photos of the fruitcake that started it all.  The drinks shown are also homemade, Lemoncello and a bourbon cream liquor.

Merry Christmas, all.

AbueloBill
"No man ever steps in the same river twice,
For it is not the same river and he is not the same man."

--Heraclitus
Like Like x 3 Love It!! Love It!! x 1 View List

December 24, 2017, 09:25:58 PM
Reply #59

HDBitchin

Administrator
I did savor a slice of my store bought fruitcake tonight. It was good! I have more for Christmas dinner tomorrow.  :)

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer