January 18, 2020, 03:27:43 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Fruitcake  (Read 8829 times)

December 25, 2017, 05:58:34 PM
Reply #60

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Well I can help with that, yesterday I bought a pumpkin pie over Deb's objection, "I've bought the stuff and it doesn't take that long to make"  I know she is going to have enough to do so I bought the pie and she got past it quickly.  Merry Christmas Princess Bueller
Well I heard on the news it was Pumpkin pie day.
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Love It!! Love It!! x 1 View List

December 29, 2017, 03:05:43 PM
Reply #61

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I wonder if people find this thread now when they search "fruitcake" on Google?   :-\

#Fruitcake
Two Lane Highway
Funny Funny x 3 View List

December 29, 2017, 03:21:14 PM
Reply #62

HDBitchin

Administrator
I wonder if people find this thread now when they search "fruitcake" on Google?   :-\

#Fruitcake
It might happen!! Ya never know!   ;D

December 29, 2017, 03:59:24 PM
Reply #63

maniacmac

Global Moderator
It might happen!! Ya never know!   ;D
Well we do have some fruitcakes on this forum lol
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 3 Funny Funny x 2 View List

December 29, 2017, 07:07:58 PM
Reply #64

r_k_dragon

Global Moderator
Hey, hey, hey, easy there!
USARMY 69-71, IB 1K, AZ HOG, PGR, AMA, VVA, RFTW  SR 2015 FNG, 2016 -  2019 SR STAGING, 2020 TEAM LEADER
Funny Funny x 3 View List

December 29, 2017, 08:39:23 PM
Reply #65

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Hey, hey, hey, easy there!
If you are going to ride two gyro wheels powered lots of horsepower facing a 3000lbs rolling cage coming towards you, you have to be a little bit of a fruitcake.
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 3 Like Like x 1 View List

December 31, 2017, 11:36:10 AM
Reply #66

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I've had a bit of a cold until recently.  While my cold was running its course I refrained from eating anything that really enjoyed, including fruitcake.  Having a cold makes everything taste rather bland.
  Finally getting over the cold, I marched myself into the kitchen and pounced on what remained of the fruitcake like a kitten pounces on a catnip laced toy.  It wasn't nearly as cute, but the enthusiasm was the same.

Sadly, all the fruitcake is gone until next year.  I will have to pacify myself with handfuls of chocolate and large amounts of beer until the next Christmas season.  Eating fruitcake "out of season" is just wrong, for me.

Don't worry friends, I'll survive somehow.

Cheers,
Ferrous 
Like Like x 1 Funny Funny x 1 View List

December 31, 2017, 08:06:03 PM
Reply #67

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
At our house this New Year's Eve we put aside the fruitcake in favor of homemade popovers.

Delicious.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice,
For it is not the same river and he is not the same man."

--Heraclitus
Like Like x 2 View List

December 31, 2017, 08:48:08 PM
Reply #68

HDBitchin

Administrator
At our house this New Year's Eve we put aside the fruitcake in favor of homemade popovers.

Delicious.
They look good Bill!

We just set out some food platters and then went out and launched some fireworks that my daughter brought over. One of her dogs that is here tonight hates those loud noises. He is calm now.

December 31, 2017, 09:47:35 PM
Reply #69

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

Delicious.

I see a popover thread in the near future.

Cheer,
Ferrous
Agree Agree x 1 Like Like x 1 View List

January 01, 2018, 07:34:33 AM
Reply #70

J F Go

Community Advocate
@FerrousBueller, Ha,Ha,Ha. I was thinking the same thing. ;D 8)
Funny Funny x 1 View List

November 26, 2018, 03:47:30 PM
Reply #71

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

I am happy to report that the Annual Fruitcake delivery has been received in good condition here at Bourbon Lodge Garage.  I have sent off a "Thank You" note to Mrs. Wesson.

I got a really good laugh re-reading this whole thread again, so, I thought I'd repost for the benefit of the forum.  No need to thank me, just enjoy...

I included the .pdf file for making your own Fruitcake.  Again, no need to thank me.

Cheers,
Ferrous
Funny Funny x 1 View List

November 26, 2018, 05:45:21 PM
Reply #72

HDBitchin

Administrator
It is a great thread and worth reading again!   ^-^

Pass our regards to Mrs. Wesson.

November 26, 2018, 06:03:34 PM
Reply #73

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator
It is a great thread and worth reading again!   ^-^

Pass our regards to Mrs. Wesson.

@HDBitchin, Done!

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 2 View List

December 21, 2018, 04:32:07 PM
Reply #74

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
  I am happy to report that the Annual Fruitcake delivery has been received in good condition here at Bourbon Lodge Garage.  I have sent off a "Thank You" note to Mrs. Wesson.

I got a really good laugh re-reading this whole thread again, so, I thought I'd repost for the benefit of the forum.  No need to thank me, just enjoy...

I included the .pdf file for making your own Fruitcake.  Again, no need to thank me.

Cheers,
Ferrous

Re:  Sticky dough.  We use parchment paper to line the pans and make sure each is filled to the same level so the baking is consistent. 

Thanks for the recipe.  My mom was born in England and Kathy and I use her family recipe/instructions.  One of my jobs is to stir the mixture, never easy, and to fill the baking pans.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice,
For it is not the same river and he is not the same man."

--Heraclitus
Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2020 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer