December 11, 2019, 06:34:03 AM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: For Sale - 2006 Fatboy in Peoria AZ  (Read 1023 times)

July 20, 2017, 09:24:59 AM
Read 1023 times

HDBitchin

Administrator
I have a friend at work that has a friend that is selling the below Fatboy. The location of the motorcycle is Peoria AZ and the price is $12,000.

Since we have a number of Phoenix area and more distant AZ members I thought that this motorcycle might interest some of you.

https://motorcycles.autotrader.com/motorcycles/2006/harley_davidson/shrine/200475358

From the listing on Autotrader...

Fatboy, FLSTFI, Original owner, with only 5058 original miles, (will certify with affidavit) always garaged, excellent condition. add-ons include exhaust baffles, windsceen, saddlebags (leather/hard), chrome brake pedal and shifter, passenger backrest, and trickle charger. Just serviced June 2017 with new fuel pump and related assembly parts,  new battery, and synthetic oil & filter change.

I don't know the owner so I can't answer any questions. If you have questions use the contact method in the Autotrader listing.

July 22, 2017, 07:42:24 PM
Reply #1

WantMore

Supporting Member
Hate to throw doubt towards your friend and this motorcycle but with just 5058 original miles I bet the fuel pump was full of varnish from old fuel and that is why it had to be replaced on a recent service. I also fear that with the low miles this motorcycle has it will have other problems in the fuel system that should have been addressed or will need addressing. The fuel injectors and fuel lines are likely no good any longer. Could be that all the right things have been done when the fuel pump was replaced. And maybe the owner used a gas stabilizer and things are better than I might be thinking.

Then how about the brakes? Did the brakes get bleed over the years? I wonder what the brake master cylinders look like after all that time?

Not sure I would want a bike like this.

And the price!!!

Kelly Blue Book says for Peoria AZ that $9500 would be the price. Low mileage isn't always a positive selling point in my way of thinking. It actually might mean that the bike is worth less.
Smoke em if you got em
Agree Agree x 2 View List

July 23, 2017, 05:52:10 PM
Reply #2

maniacmac

Global Moderator
I use ebay to gauge my selling price. I look at want is selling at what price, not asking price. Right now there is two 2006 fatboys with mileage below 5500 miles. Both are listed at $8800.00 and no takers. Just food for thought
CARS SUCK!
Like Like x 1 View List

July 24, 2017, 08:27:17 AM
Reply #3

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
I think it is priced well above the market. Many sellers will price things high so that they can come down to what they will actually take. I am pretty sure that this guy would take less but he is very high to start with.
Two Lane Highway
Agree Agree x 1 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.

HDBitchin is a web property of Tank Oils, an Independent AMSOIL Dealer