May 23, 2019, 04:53:06 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Internet Safety  (Read 7732 times)

April 14, 2019, 09:25:40 AM
Reply #30

HDBitchin

Administrator
Really funny video about replying to and wasting the time of a spam email sender.

Suspicious emails: unclaimed insurance bonds, diamond-encrusted safe deposit boxes, close friends marooned in a foreign country. They pop up in our inboxes, and standard procedure is to delete on sight. But what happens when you reply? Follow along as writer and comedian James Veitch narrates a hilarious, months-long exchange with a spammer who offered to cut him in on a hot deal.

April 18, 2019, 06:48:09 PM
Reply #31

WantMore

Supporting Member
Now that is a timely and funny video!
Smoke em if you got em

May 17, 2019, 08:59:59 AM
Reply #32

HDBitchin

Administrator
As we all know there are countless ways that people are attempting to scam people on the internet these days. Below is an email that was sent to me last night.

Hello!

My nickname in darknet is haley62.
I hacked this mailbox more than six months ago,
through it I infected your operating system with a virus (trojan) created by me and have been monitoring you for a long time.

Please check "from_address" for this email. You will see what I wrote this letter to you from yours account.

Even if you changed the password after that - it does not matter, my virus intercepted all the caching data on your computer
and automatically saved access for me.

I have access to all your accounts, social networks, email, browsing history.
Accordingly, I have the data of all your contacts, files from your computer, photos and videos.

I was most struck by the intimate content sites that you occasionally visit.
You have a very wild imagination, I tell you!

During your pastime and entertainment there, I took screenshot through the camera of your device, synchronizing with what you are watching.
Oh my god! You are so funny and excited!

I think that you do not want all your contacts to get these files, right?
If you are of the same opinion, then I think that $710 is quite a fair price to destroy the dirt I created.

Send the above amount on my BTC wallet (bitcoin): 1EWC67MSLiYRt2nNU5UWVMSxGG4b9RocUc
As soon as the above amount is received, I guarantee that the data will be deleted, I do not need it.

Otherwise, these files and history of visiting sites will get all your contacts from your device.
Also, I'll send to everyone your contact access to your email and access logs, I have carefully saved it!

Since reading this letter you have 48 hours!
After your reading this message, I'll receive an automatic notification that you have seen the letter.

I hope I taught you a good lesson.
Do not be so nonchalant, please visit only to proven resources, and don't enter your passwords anywhere!
Good luck!

I didn't fall for it but sadly the odds are that some mail recipients will fall for this crap.

Since I run this website and know a tiny bit more than the average person I get a chuckle out it. For me it is more entertainment when I see these things. Knowing how to read email headers I can see the true path the email took to arrive in my inbox and the scammer's claim that he had control of my mailbox and sent the email from inside my mail account is just something that makes me chuckle. From reading the raw email header data I could see the email came from Brazil and had been generated by a completely different email account and that it didn't originate from within my email account.

If you Google the nickname that this scammer says he goes by on the Darknet, haley62, you will find he has been pretty active and has been reported for Bitcoin abuse on several websites. You could probably also google the Bitcoin account and Google would show results of this scammer's activities.

So be careful out there my forum friends. Lots of scams on the Internet and many aren't just a harmless email like this.

May 17, 2019, 09:10:15 AM
Reply #33

J F Go

Community Advocate
Thanks for the heads up. 8)
Like Like x 1 View List

May 17, 2019, 05:48:53 PM
Reply #34

maniacmac

Global Moderator
As we all know there are countless ways that people are attempting to scam people on the internet these days. Below is an email that was sent to me last night.

I didn't fall for it but sadly the odds are that some mail recipients will fall for this crap.

Since I run this website and know a tiny bit more than the average person I get a chuckle out it. For me it is more entertainment when I see these things. Knowing how to read email headers I can see the true path the email took to arrive in my inbox and the scammer's claim that he had control of my mailbox and sent the email from inside my mail account is just something that makes me chuckle. From reading the raw email header data I could see the email came from Brazil and had been generated by a completely different email account and that it didn't originate from within my email account.

If you Google the nickname that this scammer says he goes by on the Darknet, haley62, you will find he has been pretty active and has been reported for Bitcoin abuse on several websites. You could probably also google the Bitcoin account and Google would show results of this scammer's activities.

So be careful out there my forum friends. Lots of scams on the Internet and many aren't just a harmless email like this.
I didn't need to put a padlock on my mailbox, the wife will be happy because always forget to take the key with her lol.

Seriously thank you for the heads up
CARS SUCK!

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.