August 20, 2019, 09:44:08 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: What have you done to your touring bike today?  (Read 50515 times)

February 06, 2019, 12:47:58 PM
Reply #195

01rk

Retired Staff Member
Nice looking with the matching color on the Tour Pack.

Thanks
When I got it, it was painted cream and orange, like a creamsicle, had to decide weather to go with black and match the bags or match the bike.
Like matching the bike better.
Get Your Motor Runnin'

Like Like x 1 View List

February 06, 2019, 06:25:26 PM
Reply #196

maniacmac

Global Moderator
Fuel-ride-repeat, maybe wash it annually
CARS SUCK!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

February 06, 2019, 07:13:04 PM
Reply #197

bc45

Global Moderator
@Rolling59  lnice looking Bike and the axle covers look good.

February 16, 2019, 01:49:51 PM
Reply #198

Screamin beagle

Supporting Member
Let's see...today I put these s and s 570's into the cam plate and bolted the rear tensioner on. I think in a few minutes I'll get off the couch and put them back in the bike. I sent the heads out Friday to scott at hillside cycle to work his magic on them. I'm really still on the fence on whether I should bore it out. On one hand  it makes sense to have it done since it's torn down anyway but on the other hand for having 43k on them the bores look and feel so smooth it seems like a waste of money. I could use that 600 bucks for the tune. I know once I get the heads back I'll be itching to ride...i sure hope that damn groundhog is right.
Like Like x 3 View List

February 17, 2019, 10:21:45 AM
Reply #199

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
You have been busy @Screamin beagle !!

Hopefully the Groundhog is right!!
Two Lane Highway
Like Like x 1 View List

February 21, 2019, 08:05:39 PM
Reply #200

bc45

Global Moderator
Thanks @Screamin beagle  keep us posted and pics as it progresses.

February 25, 2019, 06:22:02 PM
Reply #201

Screamin beagle

Supporting Member
Picked up a set of polished stainless bolts. I was going to try and find what I needed at a few hardware stores but my first two stops turned up nothing I needed. I found a whole engine kit on where else but Amazon lol. 75 bucks from alloy bolts...very complete set...even has bolts for the crank position sensor. Not bolting anything back on yet because I'm waiting for the heads to come back. Alot easier to time the cams with the cover off and it's much easier to spin the motor over with the compensator bolt than it is to spin the back wheel...believe me it's killing me to remain patient. Should hear from Scott by the end of the week about the status of the heads. And yes I'm still thinking about pulling the jugs to bore them lol...just can't let it go yet. In the mean time I'm looking at ceramic coating the bike. It sure looks nice when it's done but I'm not sure I want take off the fenders on top of all the other crap I have taken apart. So many choices ...so little money lol.
Like Like x 3 View List

February 28, 2019, 08:39:22 PM
Reply #202

bigj59

I just installed s&s551 gear drive cam kit and new map from fuel moto for the powervision just waiting to ride now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190301/43f172f9e81f05a4ba92d3b61119df37.jpg
What have you done to your touring bike today?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Like Like x 3 View List

February 28, 2019, 08:49:22 PM
Reply #203

HDBitchin

Administrator
I just installed s&s551 gear drive cam kit and new map from fuel moto for the powervision just waiting to ride now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190301/43f172f9e81f05a4ba92d3b61119df37.jpg
What have you done to your touring bike today?

Hopefully riding is just around the corner. February is done!

February 28, 2019, 08:55:34 PM
Reply #204

bigj59

Hopefully riding is just around the corner. February is done!
I agree!

May 20, 2019, 01:54:10 PM
Reply #205

FerrousBueller

Global Moderator

As some of you may know, The Princess and I are planning a little ride before we go to the Too Broke for Sturgis 2019(Link to Thread), Too Broke for Sturgis, Home Page Link

On some of our past rides, on the "The Great Wide Hope" she has expressed a little numbness and discomfort.

Because The Princess might be considered, "Inseam Impaired", I installed a set of Kuryakyn, Adjustable Passenger Pegs for her.  When she has her boots on the boards, her knee is lower than her hip, I think that causes constant pressure on the underside of her thighs.

In the stowed position they are completely out of the way, for her, and, for me.  Note the new peg just behind her heel.

From the stowed position they can be pivoted up and moved forward to 3 places,
1)  Note the distance from the board to the new peg.

2)  A little forward of center.

3)  All the way forward.  Lots of interference potential between Passenger toe to Rider's calf.  I expect this position might be used only when hunkered down and ready for a long run in the saddle.  Could be a problem in town.

Positions 1 & 2 are locked in place with a spring loaded pin lock.  The stowed and full forward position are simply against built in stops forward and aft.

Extensive Garage testing results are very encouraging.  Brief, on road testing indicates that I will likely have to reach down to release them from the 1st and 2nd positions.  Regardless of position the factory boards can still be flipped up.

@Princess Bueller

Cheers,
Ferrous
Like Like x 3 View List

May 20, 2019, 04:01:59 PM
Reply #206

WantMore

Supporting Member
Great modification @FerrousBueller !
Smoke em if you got em

May 20, 2019, 04:34:46 PM
Reply #207

J F Go

Community Advocate
 @FerrousBueller,I know that pain. I had to put adjustable foot pegs on my engine guards of both my bikes. My hips were scorching with hot pain with my feet basically flat footed on the floorboards. I think you have found a great way to solve the problem for passengers, so thank you for sharing. If I might add, if they could get those so that the back of your foot, (heel,) could be resting on the floorboard at the same time I believe that would add a measure of comfort as well. Thank you for sharing and I hope you both have a safe and wonderful trip. God Bless you both on your journey. :) Almost forgot, could you share the part number with us please ? Thanks.

May 20, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
Reply #208

HDBitchin

Administrator
Great modification @FerrousBueller !
I would have to agree!! Great modification @FerrousBueller !!

May 22, 2019, 07:47:39 AM
Reply #209

Harley Mike

Glad to see this thread has been such a great hit.

Changing the color of the bike-
Life is short, enjoy it but don't self destruct.
Like Like x 2 View List

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.