August 23, 2019, 05:21:05 PM
HDBitchin, a Harley Davidson Forum
Cookie Settings

Author Topic: Cigar Crew  (Read 30198 times)

January 30, 2019, 09:33:29 AM
Reply #60

J F Go

Community Advocate
Got a light?   £~¥ £~¥

Smoke em if ya gut em. £~¥ £~¥

January 30, 2019, 01:47:14 PM
Reply #61

NoSuperSlabs

Supporting Member
Impressive cigar collection @Nowhereman
Two Lane Highway

January 30, 2019, 06:46:32 PM
Reply #62

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
CAO Flathead Gear box...
CAO is well known for having quite a few 90+ rated cigar blends.
No Dog rockets from them.
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 2 View List

January 30, 2019, 06:49:38 PM
Reply #63

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
My collection took almost 5.5 years to get to that point.
I'm holding that amount now as I'm running out of room.
It's nice to walk into the closet and pick out a few blends with friends then take a bottle of bourbon outside and kick back.
Winter slows things down a bit.
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 1 View List

January 30, 2019, 06:52:22 PM
Reply #64

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Me sampling my collection...
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 2 View List

January 30, 2019, 07:00:56 PM
Reply #65

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
I've been putting off for about 5 months now to change the driver side headlight motor in my trans Am.
When you close the lights, it sounds like a machine gun going off.
It tears your lower back up due to having to be on your knees then reach over the front of the car to un do the headlight set and disassemble the components.
anyway I got it done this afternoon and immediately came into the house after 1.5 hours on my knees reaching over the hood.
Lower back aching, I took an Alieve, grabbed a beer and a stogie to honor myself for finally getting it done.
Here is the moment lol...
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 2 View List

February 01, 2019, 11:08:12 AM
Reply #66

WantMore

Supporting Member
Nice collection of cigars!
Smoke em if you got em

February 02, 2019, 08:45:58 AM
Reply #67

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Thank you.
I was reading CA last night on the throne and it stated that "Handmade" cigar sales are up 19% over last year's sales, which were outstanding.
Handmades are those of a higher quality than any machine mades.
Considering that the FDA has been trying to squelch the industry without success, (half of congress and the Pres do cigars) BTW.
It's a tribute to this small industry.
The top players in the cigar industry are still family run today.
Connecticut today still produces some of the finest cigar wrapper leaves in the world BTW.
- Nowhereman

February 08, 2019, 12:00:06 AM
Reply #68

bc45

Global Moderator
I've been putting off for about 5 months now to change the driver side headlight motor in my trans Am.
When you close the lights, it sounds like a machine gun going off.
It tears your lower back up due to having to be on your knees then reach over the front of the car to un do the headlight set and disassemble the components.
anyway I got it done this afternoon and immediately came into the house after 1.5 hours on my knees reaching over the hood.
Lower back aching, I took an Alieve, grabbed a beer and a stogie to honor myself for finally getting it done.
Here is the moment lol...

that's a nice reward.

February 08, 2019, 07:36:41 AM
Reply #69

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Here's another tidbit of info.
Cigar smokers live an average of three years more than non cigar smokers. £~¥
Now I'll have a whiskey and cigar to that...
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 1 View List

April 27, 2019, 07:12:50 AM
Reply #70

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
It can be difficult to track down a good bargain in your local cigar shop, especially when you tack on both federal and state taxes to the final price. Nonetheless, there are still many cigars out there on the market that are excellent in quality, but won’t break the bank.
Price doesn’t factor into the score, showing that you don’t always need to spend big to get a great smoke.

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Nicaragua Bully
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Nicaragua Bully (90 points, $6.80): Rolled at Plasencia Cigars in Nicaragua, this modern take on a classic brand is made entirely from Nicaraguan tobaccos. And while the name implies it may pack a punch, it actually smokes more like a medium-bodied cigar.

7-20-4 Factory 57 Dog Walker
7-20-4 Factory 57 Dog Walker (90 points, $6.50): This short cigar from Kurt Kendall is rolled in Honduras and uses high-priming wrapper grown in Nicaragua’s Jalapa Valley, binder from Costa Rica, and a three-country mix of filler tobaccos, including leaf from Colombia, uncommon in the cigar industry.

Macanudo Café Petit Corona
Macanudo Café Petit Corona (90 points, $6.19): This classic smoke that helped put Macanudo on the map is covered in a traditional Connecticut shade wrapper. Thought it skews milder, it still offers loads of flavor.

Alec Bradley Black Market Punk
Alec Bradley Black Market Punk (90 points, $5.95): This short smoke with an inventive name costs only $5.95 and sports some Panama tobacco in its filler, a rarity in handmade cigars.

Fonseca Nicaragua Petit Corona
Fonseca Nicaragua Petit Corona (88 points, $5.30): When this cigar debuted in 2016, it marked the first time the mainstay Fonseca brand was rolled in Nicaragua. Rolled entirely with Nicaraguan tobaccos, it features tobaccos from Estelí and Ometepe, with a dark, Criollo ‘98 wrapper from Jalapa.

Arturo Fuente Petit Corona
Arturo Fuente Petit Corona (87 points, $4.94): The flagship brand for Arturo Fuente cigars uses Dominican tobaccos for its binder and filler, but is covered in a dark, toothy wrapper from Cameroon.

Oliva Connecticut Reserve Petit Corona
Oliva Connecticut Reserve Petit Corona (87 points, $5.28): The well-rolled cigar uses Nicaraguan binder and filler and is covered in a light, Connecticut-seed wrapper grown in Ecuador.

For those who like a great cigar, these are a few that will impress anyone into cigars and they cost near nothing.
- Nowhereman
Winner Winner x 1 View List

April 27, 2019, 07:20:24 AM
Reply #71

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
Wonderful stogies for last year, here's the list.
https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-encore-majestic-2018

(I have in my possession, #1, 2, 4, 6. 8 and 9 of the top ten.)
They are resting comfortably in my humidors... £~¥
- Nowhereman
Like Like x 1 View List

April 27, 2019, 12:51:46 PM
Reply #72

Rider Ron

Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads up!   £~¥

Ron
Beam me up, Scotty.  There's no intelligent life here.  ;-)

April 27, 2019, 02:08:09 PM
Reply #73

AbueloBill

Supporting Member
There is a tobacco shop near my home that has a booth set aside for rolling cigars.  There usually is an employee there doing so.  Not a cigar smoker myself, but @Rider Ron is and I'll get him up there soon to try one or more out. 

Will report back.  £~¥
While the early bird might get the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.

April 28, 2019, 07:15:03 AM
Reply #74

Nowhereman

Supporting Member
There is a tobacco shop near my home that has a booth set aside for rolling cigars.  There usually is an employee there doing so.  Not a cigar smoker myself, but @Rider Ron is and I'll get him up there soon to try one or more out. 

Will report back.  £~¥

/" £~¥
- Nowhereman

The Harley-Davidson names and logos are Trademarks owned by Harley-Davidson, Inc. This site is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. There is no affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, made by their use.
All artwork in the HDBitchin logos including "Popeye" our Harley riding and forum surfing mascot is artwork that is © of HDBitchin
© HDBitchin, a HD Forum 2013 - 2019 All rights reserved.